Load the default value of INPUT in the pop-up dialog

Currently, the default value of the second parameter of INPUT is used in case of automations. However, they are not automatically assigned to the fields (empty) when the INPUT dialog is shown to the user.

It will be nice INPUT have the third Boolean parameter that can control the behavior of loading the default values to the INPUT dialog.

Example- INPUT(“Assign something”, “hello world”, TRUE)
The third parameter TRUE - load “hello world” text in the assigned field if and only if the field is empty when we show INPUT dialog to the end user.
FALSE - default value and behave as it is now.

Status Open
3 7 582
7 Comments
SkrOYC
Gold 5
Gold 5

I don’t get it.
Can you show us an example?

Steven_Aung
Silver 2
Silver 2

SkrOYC
Gold 5
Gold 5

Have you tried without ""? Just 3

WillowMobileSys
Platinum 1
Platinum 1

Yes, I have seen the issue of a default not loading as well. In your case your example shows “3” for a number input. Try removing the quotes.

Also, you might notice the message in the expression assistant that INPUT() is in Beta. Based on my experience, there are other issues as well. Half the time I can’t even get it to show and I haven’t figured out what I’m doing wrong. So, I wouldn’t rely on it for now if you are deploying the app.

Steven_Aung
Silver 2
Silver 2

I tried it.

I think it’s by design. The default value will be used in case of automation. Say I set a bot that will trigger the same action when data change happen. Then the default value set in INPUT calls will be used.

Thanks.

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager

nguyentienbien
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

i get the same problem!