Many to Many Relationships

You can make parent child relationships and there are a few work arounds for many to many relationships, but it seems essential to me that this kind of data relationship be included out of the box.

Status Open
0 3 108
3 Comments
Marc_Dillon
Platinum 1
Platinum 1

Many to many relationships are defined either by a bridge/join table, or a comma-separated list in a column on one table. This is pretty standard across all database setups. Appsheet can handle both of these cases. What other way would you expect it to work?

alphacp
Silver 2
Silver 2

If you look in the Tips and Tricks section, you will find an excellent article on how to make this work

generativegeorg
Silver 1
Silver 1

I have made many-to-many relationships in a variety of ways. 
I have used all the methods outlined in MultiTech's tips and tricks as well as a few other methods.
https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Tips-Tricks/Many-to-Many-Relationships/m-p/261816
They range from a bit involved to extremely involved. Creating extra views, slices, columns, and filters. Especially you want the label to be nondestructive and use a UUID key instead of the text itself.

I suppose I am suggesting that when you select the column type, a third ref option is there so you'd have parent-child, parent-child (as part of), and many-to-many. The many-to-many would set up the inline views and suggested value filters etc, so you wouldn't have to repeat the stuff for each side of the lookup, ref-enums, what have you.

Please let me know if I'm missing something.