More UX Views options

Hi guys, 

Please consider adding more flexibility and formatting styles in UX Views. Allow app creators to design dynamic home screens, to have more control over the user interfaces.

Please enable us as creators to build amazing user experiences with more UX views, colours, background styles, etc.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards 

Status Open
8 6 313
6 Comments
WillowMobileSys
Platinum 1
Platinum 1

This is an extremely broad request that can mean many different things to different people.

Feature Ideas should be actionable items with enough detail to understand what changes that would help YOU create better apps in AppSheet.  I see at least 6 different Feature Ideas embedded within this single post.

katlego_lionel
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

Hi, 

Thank you for your comment, I understand what your saying. 

I was hoping we could have more options to build home or menu screens. 

Please see attached for example: 

Would like to be able to create something similar for my apps.

images (20).jpeg

Regards

WillowMobileSys
Platinum 1
Platinum 1

@katlego_lionel 

I believe you can build something very close to your example using Gallery views inside of a Dashboard.  On a mobile device, the views in the Dashboard are stacked like shown in the image OR optionally you can have them shown in tabs.

You might also want to search for App Launcher - an app that allows you to launch into other apps.

For what it's worth, it is well understood that the visual aesthetics of AppSheet can use some attention.  But bear in mind that AppSheet's target customers are businesses.  That "wow" factor is not as critical for a business building internal apps like it might be for a "retail" app.

Lastly, again, if you have specific wants or needs about creating that sample view, you want to be clear on what those are.  It's not really a Feature Idea to say "I want to be able to build something like this".  You need to pick out certain thing(s) that are not currently allowed. 

For example, I believe currently when you create  a Dashboard view, there are clear dividers/boundaries between the individual views.  Some developers want that.  But maybe in your case, you want those view boundaries removed to create a seamless look  - as if they are all just a single view.   That would be a good Feature Idea - An option to remove view boundaries in a Dashboard so that all contributing views look like just a single view

katlego_lionel
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

Hi, 

Thank you so much for your input and guidance, I'm appreciative of the feedback.

I will do things differently next time.

Best regards

Harriswe
Silver 2
Silver 2

I agree with @katlego_lionel  the main theme background colour is light or dark and then a primary colour for the header and buttons is too restricted. Especially since AppSheet is aimed at  business users, where Developers need to ensure they use the company / corporate colour scheme. 

We have embedded AppSheet apps as part of a company (full-stack) dashboard but could not blend-it-in with the wider dashboard because of the light / dark background restriction. Aesthetically is makes the emended app stand-out like a sore-thumb, which is not a good thing.

Screenshot 2022-11-18 at 10.19.57.png

WillowMobileSys
Platinum 1
Platinum 1

@Harriswe wrote:

background colour is light or dark and then a primary colour for the header and buttons is too restricted.

You can add background images.  Those images can be a background color + a logo or be just simply the background color that takes up the full screen.  Using this work around coupled with a custom Primary color you should be table o achieve something that matches the rest of the company software very closely.