New AppSheet API endpoint to add/delete/update users

Currently, there is no AppSheet API is available even for Enterprise users to manipuate the app user registration. It will help massively if AppSheet team feed us the new endpoint for Appshee API to add new users to a target app, as well as deleting or updating the registered users informtion.

Thank you again.

It is quite common that we push the "user table" to the app to control the permission and app behaviors. Once new users come in, then we have to update the app user table, and then add this new user through the app editor, which is kinda of duplicated works and troublesome.  Once the new user arrives, the admin end user of the app, just add new user to user table, then it trriggers the API to add user to the app, which make our life easier and avoid any mishandling with the user information and registrations.

Cheers.

@takuya_miyai 

Status Open
35 7 650
7 Comments
dbaum
Gold 4
Gold 4

This would be very helpful--including obviating the dependency on custom authentication configuration (e.g., AWS Cognito) to manage access control in the situation where app users  with a designated role who aren't the app creator need to be able to manage (add/edit/delete) other app users.

EliK
Silver 1
Silver 1

We need this feature! I was just searching the community to see if there is any solution to this.

I need to have an admin user be able to add access to the app, without being able to edit the app definition. Is there any way to do that currently?

If it would be possible to integrate this kind of feature directly into a user table that is already established that would be awesome. I am thinking if you already have a user table with roles for example in Google Sheets, MySQL, even AppSheet DB, maybe have a checkbox option that would automatically make the user an authorized user.

KingsGuava
Silver 1
Silver 1

I really hope this feature gets prioritized. We have a database permission structure in place to manage security filter conditions, and even implemented automation. But we still have to copy and paste a list of emails in the "Share" feature. It would be great if we had an API so that we could integrate the work of teams that manage contractors or freelancers.

arriedewaal
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

This will enable us to automate the sign-on process and hand it over to business, will also work great if you trying to build a SaaS tool. Currently IT needs to be involved in all the sign-ups. 

DucV
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

Yeah. Can't agree more. 

Totally need it. I hope this will be available soon. 

P/S: very nice to meet you here @Koichi_Tsuji 

Nico_SISU
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

That would indeed be a great feature to have!