New Feature Request - New Finish View = "Close App"

Requesting a useful New Feature, a Finish View of “Close App” or Log Out.
I now have two Apps that really need this Feature. Both Apps, people will be using an App Link that takes them directly to the Form View where they will only enter contact data, or say “Yes” they will be at the meeting. I don’t want them to use or download the App.
This would be great for Apps at, say, a Trade Show, where you are just gathering Contact info from people interested in your Company/products.
Another App has a Confirmations Table set up for Club Members to simply confirm that they will be at a meeting. Members are busy people and don’t have time to waste figuring out what to do next, or how to close the App. It should just Close by itself.
In both cases, after data is gathered, I do not want or need Guests/Members to access the App or any data, just quickly enter data & then go away. Currently, after data is entered, the App just sits there.
In my Sign Up App, it says the View is “fastTable” I do not know what this is, I don’t find any “fast” Tables in my Apps, but it sounds like the App is trying to do what I want. But I need the App to go away after data is entered and Saved.
As a very related App ability/ New Feature Request, it would be GREAT to be able to have a Public Sign Up/data entry only View, that would allow me to gather this simple Guest Contact data from inside my Admin app, so I do not have to set up an entirely separate App that is Public, to avoid having to pay a $10 license fee for every Guest that is just entering Contact data. This would also help my Role Confirmations work inside my Club Meetings App. I am having trouble in this Public Confirmations App, because Members need to pick the Date, from Meetings Table in Admin App, that they want to confirm for. I can easily get this Public Confirmations App to enter data into Admin App, but when I try and De-reff the [Meeting Date] from Meetings Table the Public App is not finding Meetings Table in Admin App. If I could do all of this in the Admin App, it would be much easier and save a bunch of time. TYTY!

Status Open
5 14 1,386
14 Comments
Aleksi
Staff

The fastTable is a system generated view that you can’t find from the UX>Views and it will show it if you don’t have any views to show in your app. Create a Confirmation detail view and show that when the data is entered.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

So your users install an app for the sole purpose of signing up for contact or for confirming their intent to attend a meeting? It seems incongruous to expect users to have the wherewithal to install and open an app but not to close (and then uninstall?) it.

Stephen_Mattiso

No, I do not want them to install the app at all, only use the supplied URL App Link to enter their Contact data. Then I want the App to automatically Close & disappear. Fast & easy. TY! Re-reading my above request, I see that I forgot to mention Guests are using a URL App Link that will take them directly to Sign Up Form. Editing original request above. Sorry!

Mike_A
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

Another option for “just form entry” is is a google form for the contact sign ups, and the app for all the other functionally. Just a thought.

Stephen_Mattiso

Hey thanks Mike! Unfortunately I dislike the look & feel of Google Forms, as compared to a consistent AppSheet App View. This still might be needed to make what I need work. I am trying to allow Club Members to respond/confirm that they will be attending a Meeting, without having to pay $10/User/month just to get my Confirmations. Needs to work “Publicly”. Thanks again for your thoughtful input! #peace2u

Grant_Stead
Silver 5
Silver 5

I dig it. Seems like it should be easyish… (For your use, I would go the text message route… “Reply YES to confirm” like standard booking calendars…)

Stephen_Mattiso

Thank you for your support Mr Stead!
I haven’t used Text/SMS with AppSheet yet. I agree SMS would be great for this and is what my Client initially asked for, showed me his Dentist confirmation message. I have a beautiful WF Email Template working great, but will get SMS set up ASAP. Simple, fast & easy is good!

Stephen_Mattiso

@peter @praveen @Aleksi
I am sorry to bug you guys again about my “Close App” Finish View Feature Request, but I’ve just built another App that really, REALLY needs it! I think the Deep Usefulness of this (brilliant) Feature would quickly be realized far & wide. My new Use Case, now at least the 3rd good Case for me alone, is my new Club Meetings App. My Client has requested an SMS Attendance/Meeting Role Confirmation System that works “slick” like the SMS messages that he gets from his Dentist. I can’t yet give him (as far as I know) the ability to Reply to the SMS with a simple “Y”, as he does with the Dentist, but, with help from Alexi & Matt, I have made to work perfectly, a very cool App Link in both SMS & Email Workflows that will quickly take Member right into my Confirm Roles Table & directly to the proper Row/Meeting Date that contains Quick Edit “Confirm” buttons. (I can’t relate how very excited I am about this… I didn’t even know if it was possible 3 days ago… THANK YOU APSHEET!!!) These Members are mostly very busy Business Owners, they want this to work as quickly as the Dentist System, they will all likely be experiencing “Message Received” Overload throughout the day, I do not want them to have to think for even one second about how to close or get out of the App, or what they need to do next, it must be a simple two-button clicks & done Confirmation. With the amazing Quick Edit, this would give every App builder a very quick & handy Response/Confirmation system, almost as fast as the Dentist, and probably far more Powerful and customize-able. Also, and just as importantly, all 22 of my Role Confirmations are in this same Confirm Roles View, and they are all set for Quick Edit, so if they do not close the App as soon as possible, if they leave the App open on their device for any reason or any amount of time they will accidentally change their Role, or another Role, or all Roles, depending on how long their Device stays open in that View. I very much need to change the “Edit” button on the bottom of this View to a “Save & Close App” button. Yes, in this Case, that Button will only need to “Close App” because I’m using Quick Edit, but Member doesn’t need to know about that, they just need to get back to their work. I am building individual Views & Workflows to send to each member, which will eliminate the danger of changing someone else’s Role, but still, without a “Close App” Finish View option, the danger that Members will accidentally change their own Role to the wrong choice would remain quite high.

Thank you so much for your diligent consideration!
Stephen

Aleksi
Staff

Without knowing your table/column structure… if you send the data with the prefilled link, why don’t you create a form view where they can see all the data with one Show/text field that explains what they are going to do and then they just click Confirm (save) button. Then you can forward the user away from your app with an Event action. Possible?

MultiTech
Gold 4
Gold 4

@Stephen_Mattison I think this will be a solution for your ending problem.

You could create an action to take someone to some landing splash page (a URL launch action) when they save.

Stephen_Mattiso

Well Aleksi, if you say that set up is possible, I’m sure it is. I will look into setting this up, TY. I did try a Form View for these Confirmations, but prefer (for now) the look & function of a Details View with Quick Edit confirmation Columns.
I was eventually planning on setting up something to display a simple “Confirmation Saved, Thank you!” message so this could be a good option. @MultiTech_Visions
Still, “Close App” would be a useful feature… with an easy way to display that Close App Message **
** would be amazing. Thanks again!

MultiTech
Gold 4
Gold 4

To add to this, I have had clients ask for something similar to this.

A way to take the user to a screen where nothing is possible, no menu, search, share, nothing - an “ending page” as they called it.

I always talked them out of it and into other functionality so we didn’t need this end page - because there was no end, there were uses beyond the initial data gathering.

Stephen_Mattiso

Something like that is what I was thinking about for a Confirmation Confirmation message, haha.
Dentist Replies to Client’s “Y” SMS to confirm appointment with "Thank you for confirming your appointment. Please call us at (555)123-4565 with questions. I think I’ll not use the parentheses on area code, but that’s short & sweet. Phone & email would be easy. Gotta figure out how to fit everything on ONE page though. Ain’t NOBODY wanting to get no 4 page text, in the wrong damn order…I’ll block your A in a heartbeat! Haha! jk Reminds me of back when internet & email first came out. Somebody (not me) sent my older bro an email with photos, or songs attached in the middle of a busy day when he had some very important S happening, apparently his system was bogged down with that download, and he couldn’t send or receive until it was done. For some reason he couldn’t just reset…he was so mad, he said whenever he finds out who sent him that email, he was going to email them the entire Encyclopedia Britannica!!! I never received it, but I am sure that someone did!!! haha! Lates!

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager