Non-Time Based version of the Calendar Week View

So one of my clients uses the  Calender (mainly the Week view) to schedule what Volunteers are Arriving / Volunteering / Departing. One issue that has plagued the User Experience with the calendar view is that once you surpass about 2/5s the screen's vertical real estate with All-Day Events you begin having to scroll to see the rest of the events. The other 3/5s of the screen is taken up by the hourly timeline potion. Example Below: 

Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 11.13.03 AM.png

My proposal is that if you leave the Start Time / End Time in the Editor blank the hourly portion doesn't show (since its not being used), leaving the full screen to be allocated to the important information.

Status Under Review
26 6 528
6 Comments
QREW_Cam
Silver 2
Silver 2

This is what I've created to accommodate for the need the issue this feature would resolve.

Still requires scrolling at high counts, but has a higher limit of events that can be seen at once.

Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 11.47.14 AM.png

SkrOYCx
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

That's a good idea @QREW_Cam 

I remember @GreenFlux's idea about the usage of a custom-made calendar:

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Tips-Tricks/SAMPLE-APP-Crazy-Calendar-Hack/m-p/361866/highli...

Tom_Stevens
Silver 2
Silver 2

Do you have a sample app of this that we could check out?

Status changed to: Under Review
Roderick
Community Manager
Community Manager

Antonio_Depetro
Bronze 4
Bronze 4

ciao @QREW_Cam,

do you have an example app for that dashboard with filter?
I would like to do some tests on it

QREW_Cam
Silver 2
Silver 2

@Antonio_Depetro 

I no longer have access to it, but It was a client's app so I wouldn't be able share it either way.

I could chat with you how you could reconstruct something similar.

(PII removed by staff)