Please fix The Decimal Type Display incorrect

Hi team Dev,

I see a problem Decimal type for the total column. For Example, I have 1 table with 4 columns with the same type of decimal.

Subtotal result for decimal column display incorrectSubtotal result for decimal column display incorrect

The 4th column = [Column1]+[Column2] +[Column3]

Ext: 5+0,3+4 = 9,3

The Sum total result displayed on the form is right as 9,3

But after saving and syncing, the result will be displayed on the detail is wrong as 93,0 although the result on the database Google Sheets is true as 9,3.

Column type and formula for these columnsColumn type and formula for these columns

I thinks it is a bug for this type column.

Please check and update this bug.

Thanks

Status Open
0 3 197
3 Comments
T_I_Phong
Silver 1
Silver 1

Hi Mr. Hiền,

I have tried to create and set up the calculation as you provided, but everything seems normal. There is no issue on both the Table view, Detail view, and even on Google Sheets.

You may try the following:

1. Use Vietnamese without accents.

2. Change the region in settings to English (US) and try (I noticed you use (,) for decimal separator). Adjust minimum/maximum values, decimal digits, etc.

3. Check if any events are accidentally triggered.

I'm not sure if it will be a solution, but you can give it a try.

hien_nguyen
Silver 2
Silver 2

@T_I_Phong wrote:

I have tried to create and set up the calculation as you provided, but everything seems normal. There is no issue on both the Table view, Detail view, and even on Google Sheets.

Thanks for your support Phong,

I've tried with another app, and it runs ok, but I am not sure how did appeared for this app.

I also set the locale for the database for Google Sheets and Appsheet are the same localization is Vietnames.

hien_nguyen
Silver 2
Silver 2

Finally, I have found the root cause of this issue.

If I set the format for columns in the database Google sheet as general but I define those columns on the AppSheet as decimal, the value displayed on the view is incorrect, it is automation*100 after syncing although the result showing on the database is true.

So I have to change the format for all columns as decimal with 2 digits on the Google sheets database, the result showing on the view or correct.

I think this is a bug for display, Hi Team Dev please check and update this case.

Thanks