Project checklist within app editor

Hi,

Just thought that it may be helpful to have a checklist feature within the Appsheet editor.

Normally I’d use a text editor (google docs/word etc.) to check off items along the way during a build but I think something within the editor where you could flick to and from would be great and more efficient especially on a large project where you may forget where you’re up to if you’re working on more than one at a time.

It could just be me and my way of managing a build, but a checklist with comments or notes/thoughts would, at least for me would be a useful addition.

We can always get by with current solutions but just wanted to throw this one out there to see what you guys think.

Best,
Chris.

Status Open
1 5 574
5 Comments
SkrOYC
Gold 5
Gold 5

I don’t know if it’ll be helpful for you but I use an app called Joplin to store notes and stuff like this using Markdown.

Task 1

1. Pending
  2. Done
MultiTech
Gold 4
Gold 4

While not a native thing built into the platform, you could build this into the app you’re working on

How to use

1. Open the Google Sheet for the app you wish to add this into
    • Create a blank sheet
    • Name it “Dev_Checklist”
  2. From the Auto-Table: copy the header and first row
  3. Back on your app’s Google Sheet: paste what you copied into the new sheet
  4. Add the table to your app
    • Create a table view (to manage entries)
    • Follow the instructions from the record you copied with the header
      • On the DETAIL view (for the Dev_Checklist table), set the [Dev_Check_Items_COMPLETE] column to QUICKEDIT

3X_7_5_75df64aabb7a0149ffac8d9233f2ffc1a21b37a3.gif

Chris_Jeal
Silver 3
Silver 3

Hey @MultiTech_Visions

Outstanding!
I have seen your ‘auto-tables’ in previous posts (which are awesome) however didn’t think about this type of functionality but it’s brilliant that you have…!

Thanks for the Christmas gift, I’ll certainly be adding this table to my future projects, you’re a credit to the community.

Best wishes and have a great Christmas.
Chris.

MultiTech
Gold 4
Gold 4

FYI: I've made some updates to the Dev_Checklist auto-table
 - It's much easier to use now

Dev Checklist  Auto-Table.png

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager