Request for Integration of Rich Text Formatting in AppSheet's LongText Columns

Dear AppSheet Team,

I am reaching out to express a significant feature request that I believe will greatly enhance the functionality and user-friendliness of your platform. Specifically, I am requesting the inclusion of rich text formatting in the user interface for LongText Columns.

Currently, to apply formatting such as boldface, italics, or bulleted lists, users must manually input HTML tags. While this process works, it also adds complexity and requires additional time and expertise. Furthermore, it could potentially be a barrier for less technically proficient users, thereby limiting the overall user experience.

It is my humble proposition that the addition of a user-friendly interface for rich text formatting, similar to those found in common text editors, would substantially improve the data input process. This would make essential business features such as bold text, italicization, and bulleted lists more accessible and user-friendly.

While we appreciate the ongoing efforts to introduce innovative features to your platform, such as the chat application, I believe that focusing on such core enhancements, that serve the practical needs of a wider user base, should take precedence.

Thank you for your consistent efforts to develop and improve the AppSheet platform. I am confident that the introduction of this proposed feature would significantly enhance its usability and, consequently, its adoption among a broader range of users.

I look forward to hearing about your thoughts on this matter and potential steps towards its implementation.

@Arthur_Rallu  @Amy @amyplin 

Thanks

446342cf1acff5f7d770a7785d513d4a.png

rich-text-embedded-linked-entry.bf55537da4.png

Status Open
13 5 706
5 Comments
peterson
Silver 2
Silver 2

Agreed.

Derick_Paula
Silver 1
Silver 1

Agreed, and also, they need to fix some bugs related to map view and rich text formatting.

Rifad
Silver 5
Silver 5

I have noticed too the detail view in map view does not support the HTML rich text formatting.

peterson
Silver 2
Silver 2

I wish we we could have detail view in a pop window view, just like we have the input action.
Also the imput could be bigger, in the big monitors it looks so small. But @appsheet doesn't care.

Rifad
Silver 5
Silver 5

It's been 9 months and still no word from the Appsheet team? 

That is

273.96 days
6,575.04 hours
394,502.4 minutes
39.11 weeks

😖