Review over ”Pause App” functionality

This has been there for years and years, since I started AppSheet in 2017, but not being corrected at all unfortunately.

There is option called "Pause App" in Manage > Deploy > Pause App.

This function is believed to be prepared for App Creators to let the app users not to able to edit the app while the App Creators made a modifications to the app due to maintanance, upgrate or whatsoever reasons.  However, as soon as we turn on this option, even the app owners are not able to view the app even through the PREVIEW in editor. Hence, as far as I believe nobody never used this feature.  

Once the option is turned on, the app owner is alos ruled out to view the app through the preview. Then question is what is the purpose of this particular feature then?

De-fact, this seems to be a bug as it is perfectly illogical.....

Hope AppSheet/Google team would review such an important feature. ...

@takuya_miyai 

@AleksiAlkio 

Status Open
5 5 927
5 Comments
Koichi_Tsuji
Gold 4
Gold 4

This is almost "bug" so I tagged in that way....

Koichi_Tsuji
Gold 4
Gold 4

Once we turn on this option (as owner of the app) then it looks like ..

Snag_116a5494.png

Furthermore, this "Pause App" option is not mentioned in official documentation at all.. This makes thing worse.... 😥

KNISO
Bronze 2
Bronze 2

I would also like to be able to pause app from a bot which I would run at a scheduled time.  I run some automation on the google sheet and would like to have the app paused for about 15 minutes overnight.

Rifad
Silver 5
Silver 5

They could have intended the "PAUSE" app to act as a full stop for the application, rather than just making backend adjustments.

Michuli
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

I struggle with this on every app upgrade. I have users 24/7 and every time they complain about the lost data during app upgrade. I know, they should sync and not use the app during upgrade time...but the reality is that most users are non technical at all, some are new to the team, etc. A struggle that a Pause App would not solve but help.