STOP POSTING IDEAS HERE / APPSHEET DOES NOT CARE

Guys, stop posting feature ideas. Appsheet doesn't see them, doesn't reply them.

Just check how many ideas have been posted:

peterson_0-1698151508421.png

But this is nothing, when you see the planned, or under review, they are features that have been available for a long time. It means that they don't even check or update this page. If you have hope they will see your idea, THEY WON'T!

Appsheet is focused on database or any other minor improvement. We want a more innovative platform but they are delivering very conservative changes

And the saddest part of it all is to see the users here saying: Appsheet is not meant to do that, if you want something better migrate to another no code platform. To those who advocate for Appsheet: "Hey! Wake up! you're a user just like everyone here, if a feature is not important to you, it might be to someone else"

It is a shame, a pitty that Appsheet just got stuck, it is an amazing tool, but I don't know if this is a revenue issue with the Appsheet department inside Google. But it feels that the message they are conveying is:
"This is Appsheet, it is what it is. Don't expect great changes"

PS: STOP SUBMITTING FEATURE IDEAS THIS IS HUMILITATING!

18 Comments
Sirfyaad
Silver 4
Silver 4

You are right 👍

peterson
Silver 2
Silver 2

Sad but true. 

baba_sawane
Silver 5
Silver 5

It's sad because some features would be simple to implement and I wonder if it's because Appsheet is now owned by Google.

Appsheet may benefit a lot of having a'start up' business mentality instead of this slow paced, procedural and deaf progress.

A lot of features can be added through preview or a beta version. I don't see the reason why they are not. 

On the other end, some features are added, that no one asked. Google don't seem to have faith in the potential of Appsheet to raise customers alone, but see it more like a support app for the google workspace. They should focus on creating tools to improve in-app integrations, UX and UI instead of focusing on connectors to the Workspace, chat apps, etc, that a very limited number of users will be using. 

peterson
Silver 2
Silver 2

You are right. It is so sad. I am studying other tools now. More powerful ones. Asppsheet will always be an option for very simple tasks, but it is gradually losing space in the competitive no-code world

MultiTech
Gold 4
Gold 4

They definitely shoot themselves in the foot.

Best I can tell from the tidbits you can hear from insiders here and there, the environment over there is an incredibly political one. So the focus isn't really on making the a product to the best of their ability, it's more along the lines of saving their jobs and not pissing off or upsetting anyone.

They are definitely focused on salvaging Google tables, oh I mean AppSheet database, as well as duet and Bard.

But who knows, maybe we're all completely off the Mark here and they are secretly working diligently behind the scenes with a group of devs to completely redesign the editor experience. Bringing in all of the refinements and expansions that we've been asking for, rounding off all the hard edges and making the entire experience top level thing.

peterson
Silver 2
Silver 2

I do hope so @MultiTech 

Rifad
Silver 5
Silver 5

@MultiTech wrote:

But who knows, maybe we're all completely off the Mark here and they are secretly working diligently behind the scenes with a group of devs to completely redesign the editor experience. Bringing in all of the refinements and expansions that we've been asking for, rounding off all the hard edges and making the entire experience top level thing

Hoping for best !

DucV
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

@MultiTech can't agree more. 

Hoping for the best !

DucV
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

Thank you for remind me about this @peterson .

hien_nguyen
Silver 2
Silver 2

Hi @Roderick

We are waiting for your feedback about the features and requests from our community. When you introduced I joined Appsheet from the PowerApps team, we were very excited with you and hoped for anything from your experience from microsoft will help appsheet devepe quickly. But it seems so long to see anything from your team.

Thanks 

hien_nguyen
Silver 2
Silver 2

Hello my experts @Koichi_Tsuji  @peterdykstra @Pathu10 @Trivris @Rifad @Arthur_Rallu

For a growing and helpful AppSheet community for everyone

Rifad
Silver 5
Silver 5

@hien_nguyen wrote:

For a growing and helpful AppSheet community for everyone

Alright, let's cut to the chase about AppSheet. It's becoming painfully clear that the only 'updates' we're seeing are stale ideas from at least 2-3 years ago. There's been no real progress since Praveen's time, just a bunch of marketing nonsense that nobody with a brain would bother with. I've been in the trenches, developing AppSheet apps for four years, and it's evident that many NEW features are practically useless for serious business applications. The platform is sorely lacking in key areas essential for real business use.

I've been loyal to AppSheet for a solid four years because it was a robust platform. But now? It's become a joke, overshadowed by internal politics.

And what's with the team? Do they have any clue about what users actually need? They should be bombarding their managers with our feedback, not nodding along to the current debacle. I really hope they don't bury AppSheet like so many other Google projects. This platform had potential, but now it's just a testament to neglect and incompetence, especially the support team – no offense, but they're just not up to the mark. I'm not optimistic, but hey, miracles happen, right? 

hien_nguyen
Silver 2
Silver 2

@Rifad wrote:

I've been loyal to AppSheet for a solid four years because it was a robust platform

Hopeful

Gustavo_Eduardo
Silver 5
Silver 5

It's really a shame. And you are right. Today I find myself learning programming because Appsheet seems to be stagnant. He couldn't solve many problems. It could be anger, yes, because I bet a lot on appsheet but I'm not going to let myself be knocked down. I'm going to achieve what I want.

peterson
Silver 2
Silver 2

@Gustavo_Eduardo Other no-code apps such as Bubble, Flutter Flows are example of more powerful tools and editors, able to connect easily to third-parties, such as payments, tracking services, Open AI, etc. 

I'll learn Bubble myself