GKE cluster not spinning up

spat

Hello, I am creating a GKE cluster with 2 nodes and 8 NVIDIA L4s per node. I see an error for the node pool, but when I click into it, I see that both the instance groups have been successfully created. On the node pool page, I also see Number of nodes - (estimated) with the following error message - 

The number of nodes is estimated by the number of Compute VM instances because the Kubernetes control plane did not respond, possibly due to a pending upgrade or missing IAM permissions.
The number of nodes in a node pool should match the number of Compute VM instances, except for:
  • A temporary skew during resize or upgrade
  • Uncommon configurations in which nodes or instances were manipulated directly with Kubernetes and/or Compute APIs

What can I do to ensure that this cluster spins up correctly?

0 1 75
1 REPLY 1

Hi @spat 

Welcome to Google Cloud Community!

Based on the error message that you provided, your cluster is unable to communicate with the control plane. Try to check if the "Private Cluster" feature under the Networking settings (Cluster > Details tab > Networking) of your cluster is disabled. If so, you will need to have the "Private Cluster" enabled to fix the error.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need further assistance, you can always file a case with our support team.

Top Labels in this Space