A Year in Review -- Check out these accomplishments!

Happy New Year!!  

Our Google Cloud Application Integration team has been busy this year creating and launching new features to help our customers meet even more use cases.  In case you haven’t been following all the release notes here and here, I thought I would write up a quick summary of the Features that have been launched this past year to date.  As you can see from this list, we have a lot of momentum and we are going strong to continue this year with a great plan for many more amazing features!!  I am super proud of the whole team and can’t wait to see what we can do next!  

I’m most gratified by the customer successes we’ve seen, and the improvements to their business processes they have been able to achieve with our Low-Code accessible product, with really great break outs to code when needed (through JavaScript Task, Cloud Functions, CloudRun or any other service callout).  Integration is really all about Automation, and when you can Automate processes by easily connecting to applications, the results are astounding. A huge thank you to our customers who are using our product!!  We appreciate you!!

Of course, it’s been an exciting year with the rise of GenAI , and we’ve got features that already enable customers to inject GenAI right into their Automated business processes (Vertex AI Predict Task), and of course we have our DuetAI features in the Trusted Tester program already, which will assist and accelerate the development of Integration flows.  It’s very exciting to see the possibilities coming to life so quickly.

Here is a recap of all the features we’ve added to the product this last year:

Core Platform Features:

1. GA Launch of Application Integration in July 2023!!! 
  2. Duet AI Trusted Tester launch in October 2023 at Google Next (watch here)!!! 
  3. QuickSetup Feature for easy provisioning
  4. Google Cloud Monitoring integration
  5. XML Support / SOAP
  6. Inline Connection creation wizard
  7. Fine Grained Role Based Access Control (RBAC)
  8. Bring Your Own Service Account
  9. Data Transformer Task supporting JSonnet (Preview)
  10. Delete Integration - Improve to delete all versions upon request
  11. Preview Features moved to GA:
    1. Cloud Scheduler Trigger
    2. Error Catcher Trigger
    3. JavaScript Task
    4. Return Task
    5. Google-managed encryption keys
  12. Many UX Improvements, including improvements to the Data Mapper Editor
  13. Region Expansions to 38 regions Globally
  14. Performance improvement with Async Logging

Connectors Features

1. HubSpot Event Subscription Trigger
  2. ServiceNow Event Subscription Trigger
  3. Jira Cloud Event Subscription Trigger
  4. MQ Event Subscription Trigger
  5. Rabbit MQ Event Subscription Trigger
  6. ZendDesk Event Subscription Trigger
  7. Webhook Event Subscription Trigger
  8. Cross GCP Project improvement to the Google Pub/Sub Event Subscription Trigger
  9. Terraform for Connectors
  10. Static Outbound IP support for enhanced security
  11. Rate Limiting for Connection traffic
  12. VPC Service Controls support
  13. Proxy support
  14. Cloud Logging for Connectors

GA Connectors : 
AlloyDB
Amazon S3
Apache Kafka
         Including feature: Confluent Cloud support
BigCommerce
BigQuery
Box
Freshbooks
FTP
Google Cloud Pub/Sub
         Including feature: Use 1 connection with multiple topic names
Google Cloud Storage 
Google Cloud SQL for MySQL
Google Cloud SQL for PostgreSQL
Google Cloud SQL for SQL Server
HTTP (For REST or SOAP to Private Networks)
HubSpot 
IBM MQ
Jira Cloud
LDAP 
Magento
MariaDB
MongDB v2
      Including feature: Atlas Support
MySQL 
Oracle DB (v2) 
PostgreSql 
Rabbit MQ 
Redis
RedShift
Salesforce
Salesforce Marketing Cloud
SAP Netweaver Gateway
SAP Hana DB 
SAP SuccessFactors
SendGrid
ServiceNow
SFTP
SharePoint
Snowflake
Shopify
SQL Server DB
Twilio
Workday
Xero
ZenDesk
Zoho Books
Zuora

Connectors in Preview:
Authorize.net 
EnterpriseDB
FinancialForce
Teradata
Webhook

Google API Tasks (in Preview):
AI Platform - Prediction
Cloud KMS - encrypt
Cloud KMS - decrypt
Dataflow - Create Job
Drive - List
Doc AI - Batch Process
Doc AI - Process
Doc AI - Operation
Firestore - Batch Get
Firestore - Batch Write
Firestore - Document Get
Language - Annotate Text
Language - Classify Text
Secret Manager - Access task.
Sheets - Append
Sheets - Batch Get
Sheets - Get
Translate - Document
Translate - Text
Workflows - Execute
Vertex AI - Predict Task 

I don't know about you, but I'm really looking forward to 2024!  Let's Go!!  If you would like to schedule a roadmap presentation, please reach out to your Google Cloud Account Manager and we'd be happy to share our plans for this year (under NDA).

Thanks,
Scott Haaland
Group Product Manager
Google Cloud - Application Integration

15 9 1,766
9 REPLIES 9

Kudos to you and the entire team, Scott!

These additional features have launched since writing this Year in review just a couple of weeks ago!!  Congrats to the Team!!

- Custom Connectors (Preview) - Create Connectors from an OpenAPI spec! (code name : Bring Your Own Connector)
- HTTP connector supports OAuth 2.0 - Authorization Code Grant Type
- 11 new Google Cloud Connectors (Preview)
- VPC-SC (VPC-Service Controls) available across Integration and Connectors (GA)
- 2 new Data Transformer functions

Wow, lots of momentum there.  great to see !

As someone with a dev background, I think I am most excited about the Custom Connectors feature. I would love to see a screencast/expert walkthrough of that, Scott. Have you got any plans to produce something like that? 

@dchiesa1 - this post has a walkthrough and a demo video as well on custom connectors.

sorry, which post?

Please check out the January and February Features post as well...we're moving fast!  Can you keep up?

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Integration-Services/New-Features-Application-Integration-Ja... 

Hay Shaaland 

I had a question how I can connect my API from Shopify too my API in the google cloud! After that I want too create my API to connect my database too follow the law off the GPDR 

Thank you! 

Please start a new thread for this....and be very specific about what you need.  "connect my API from Shopify to my API in the Google Cloud" - what does this mean?  Please repost and explain as much detail as you can so that we can make sure to help you more quickly.