Question on Alert Policy Transform Data Rolling Window Function

Im just starting to explore GCP and set up a project that brings in Particle.io publish events into GCP via Pub/Sub, and Cloud Functions. Im currently sending the data to console.log, and created a Log Metric to alert and dashboard. (If there's a better approach, Im all ears).

When I try to create an alert policy and alert chart or do dashboarding, Im only able to select the Transform Data - rolling window functions dealing with percentiles (in the Alert Policy), if I select delta or sum, it wont chart them saying that "only numberic data can be draw as a line chart. Only numeric data can be drawn". And they are mandatory fields, when all I want is the Particle sensor data as is.

I wonder if this is because the data coming in is a string? I converted the string data to int with parseInt() in the Cloud Function, but then suspect that when sent to console.log it's converted to string again. Maybe that's not even the problem. Im at a loss.

I'd like to be able to chart multiple metrics on a dashboard line chart and it's a lot more difficult to figure out how to do that than I expected. I did figure out how to get alerting to work, but I dont want to transform my data, just chart it as is and that doesnt seem to be an option, Transform Data is a mandatory field.

Help appreciated!

-RC

0 2 490
2 REPLIES 2

Thank you. I'm unable to delete the post unfortunately.