February 21, 2024

lizlynch
Staff

Deployment Time: 12:00 PM PST

Features & enhancements

Item Description
Enhancement When configuring events in automations, the user interface for selecting the event type and configuring a data change event has changed slightly. The Event Type field is now a drop-down for improved ease of use and to accommodate additional types in the future. In addition, the Data change type setting now provides multiselect options.
lizlynch_0-1708554389939.png

New: Deployed to 100% of free users.
Previous: Deployed to 50% of free users.

Bug fixes

None

Rollout changes

None

Preview announcements

Preview feature releases enable you to try out new app features that are not yet fully supported. See Product launch stages.

• No new preview features were released today.

The following tables summarize the preview features that are currently available.

Item Description
Feature AppSheet apps for desktop users (Preview)

The new desktop design, currently in preview, is optimized for desktop browsers, presenting a more complete view of information with a consistent organization and structure. The new desktop design lets users navigate their apps more easily and access information in context, and provides an efficient way to edit existing records without losing context. The legacy desktop design, enabled by default, provides an experience similar to the mobile and tablet device.

For more information, see:

In addition, the AppSheet preview program lets app creators try out new app features that are not yet fully supported. For more details and to opt-in, see AppSheet preview program.

2 8 557
Authors
8 Comments
Koichi_Tsuji
Gold 4
Gold 4

@lizlynch wrote:

When configuring events in automations, the user interface for selecting the event type and configuring a data change event has changed slightly. The Event Type field is now a drop-down for improved ease of use and to accommodate additional types in the future. In addition, the Data change type setting now provides multiselect options.
lizlynch_0-1708554389939.png

In my private opinion, the existing UX is better than the new one.  We only have 3 options, Data change, Schedule, Chat app alone, so better to select by clicking button rather than dropdown. Dropdown is generally hide the available options, not user friendly for average users to find options. 

Same story to selection of data change event.

Karimmc2
Silver 2
Silver 2

I think the efforts should focus on actual functionality and not fixing things that aren’t broken. 

There is a lot of great ideas in the features suggestions section that could significantly improve the platform for real, not UI experiments heading nowhere.

Koichi_Tsuji
Gold 4
Gold 4

@Karimmc2 

Im not sure when this was actually started but the PREVIEW (emulator) is broken at this moment.  We are not able to test the BOT where USEREMAIL() expression is used somewhere inside the BOT. Whenever we pass the email address to "preview app as" which is not app owners email, BOT test is done basis "app owner email". What I mean precisely, USEREMAIL() yield the owner email address rathan email passed to "Preview app as".

This makes us impossible to test BOT precisely.

This used to work before, so the AppSheet was broken at certain point of time new code was released.

@Aleksi 

@takuya_miyai 

Aleksi
Staff

@Koichi_Tsuji  Thanks for this info.

FlyingRacoon
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

Nice looks good for scaling vs having a combination button for each pairing.  Lets us combine them as needed and with future options.  Cheers

Skip2MiLu
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

Hi @lizlynch 

May I ask what is the difference between this release note on the Feb 21 vs that of below release note of Feb 20?

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Release-Notes/February-20-2024/ba-p/714005

Denzil_Snyman
Silver 2
Silver 2

@Skip2MiLu Delpoyed to 50% and deployed to 100% free users. That's all I could spot. 

lizlynch
Staff

@Denzil_Snyman @Skip2MiLu - That's exactly right. I apologize for not including it under Rollout changes! This oversight contributed to the confusion.