January 29, 2024

lizlynch
Staff

Deployment Time: 2:00 PM PST

Features & enhancements

Item Description
Enhancement The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Subprocessors page has been updated with the latest information.

Bug fixes

Item Description
Bug When you click content in a chart view in an interactive dashboard, it now opens within the dashboard as it should.
Bug In the new chart view preview, clicking a data point now opens the correct view. When more than one record is aggregated into a single data point (such as with a detail view), clicking will cycle through detail views for each record.
Bug Update searching Enum/EnumList values in the Filter Drawer to filter with "includes" instead of "startsWith"

Rollout changes

None

Preview announcements

Preview feature releases enable you to try out new app features that are not yet fully supported. See Product launch stages.

• No new preview features were released today.

The following tables summarize the preview features that are currently available.

Item Description
Feature AppSheet apps for desktop users (Preview)

The new desktop design, currently in preview, is optimized for desktop browsers, presenting a more complete view of information with a consistent organization and structure. The new desktop design lets users navigate their apps more easily and access information in context, and provides an efficient way to edit existing records without losing context. The legacy desktop design, enabled by default, provides an experience similar to the mobile and tablet device.

For more information, see:

In addition, the AppSheet preview program lets app creators try out new app features that are not yet fully supported. For more details and to opt-in, see AppSheet preview program.

1 10 587
Authors
10 Comments
PhilippSeidel
Bronze 4
Bronze 4

The link leads to a page which can't be found:

The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Subprocessors page has been updated with the latest information.

PhilippSeidel_0-1706625335309.png

lizlynch
Staff

Apologies! This has been fixed. Thanks for reporting @PhilippSeidel !

Koichi_Tsuji
Gold 4
Gold 4

@lizlynch wrote:

BugIn the new chart view preview, clicking a data point now opens the correct detail view. When more than one record is aggregated into a single data point, clicking will cycle through detail views for each record.

@lizlynch 

I do not tested with my hands, but the supended project (new chart) seems to be re-started finally, which is goog news. New chart is far better and waited by users rather than smart chip and/or other newly recently introduced features. Communmity should be happy if the new chart is actually developped further.

However, why "detail view" are presented once we click the chart element?  By default (with the exisiting chart), the table view (list) type will be shown, which is reasonable.  Then why the new chart will prompt the users to the detail view if the mathinng records are multipler?   It is reasonable to anticipate the One bar (bar chart for instance) is kinda of aggregation, so there are number of row to be existing to construct a sinble bar. So better to bring the user to list type view rather than DEATAIL view, which would cause another confusion to the app users.

@takuya_miyai 

Koichi_Tsuji
Gold 4
Gold 4

@lizlynch 

Sorry, what do you mean by that?

@lizlynch wrote:

BugWhen you click content in a chart view in an interactive dashboard, it now opens within the dashboard as it should.

Could you elabrate with quick illustration or screenshot, or even short file so that everyone who visit this post can understand what you meant to say?

infinitejess
Staff

Hi Koichi! It would help to gather feedback in the chart thread, but to your questions:

• I am not seeing the old chart opening a list view, though your apps are no doubt more complex than ours. Detailed repro steps help me a lot here. In my test apps the old chart view always opens the first associated point, and the new implementation at least cycles between them on click.
  • Here's my test app with a chart in an interactive dashboard, with the bottom view entry being the Detail view for these records. The bug was that clicking a point would exit the dashboard entirely. Now it opens the related record in the bottom view as configured.
    infinitejess_0-1706806903512.png

PocketDragon
Silver 1
Silver 1

I agree with @Koichi_Tsuji that clicking on a section of the chart needs to open a deck view or a table view.

Koichi_Tsuji
Gold 4
Gold 4

@infinitejess wrote:

I am not seeing the old chart opening a list view,

WHY?

You can check it out easily on you own.......

Im super puzzled why you ask such a boody question to me.  You probably do know know what the basic and GA features with AppSheet. You should learn from the beginning, I would suggest.

Arthur_Rallu
Staff

Hi everyone, 

Please let's be careful in our choice of words here. AppSheet has a lot of features and also a number of edge cases, and it's very easy for all of us to assume that other readers have the same context in mind. Jess was fixing a specific bug where (if I understand correctly) clicking on the chart in an interactive dashboard with a chart and detail view would not behave as expected. Koichi and PocketDragon, I'm guessing you are talking about a different configuration (probably the basic one) and you may be right, but that is not the point of my message.

It's easy for anyone to be confused when we talk about our apps. On top of that, we have people in this community from all horizons and cultures, with different native languages. And that can sometimes get people to misunderstand each other. Let's all be respectful. 

Thank you

PocketDragon
Silver 1
Silver 1

Denzil_Snyman
Silver 2
Silver 2

From my perspective, I use charts to display an aggregate of statuses, in the old charts, for example when I click a status like  "pending" with its count of 8 records, It then drills into a list view or a deck basically, the new charts system seems to drill directly into a detail view instead of the list of rows first.

I can see the need to drill straight to a detail view in some occasions whereby each data point is a unique row plotted out on a line graph or bar graph however for aggregate counts it should behave differently.

I always beleive in providing a way for us to configure this choice as the best approach, catering for both scenarios, but logically if it's aggregation counts then the system can default to a list view or deck view, if system detects each data point to be unique, then a detail view would be great.