Default App Engine domain verification issue

Hi,

I've recently submitted my App Engine app's OAuth consent screen for verification. I had also verified the ownership of the URL prefix property, which is https://bseu-api.appspot.com, in Google Search Console.

Screenshot 2023-10-15 at 20.55.35.png

I can still see the OAuth consent screen for the app has "Pending developer action" status, which says "Comply with domain verification requirements". And the only domain the app's using is the default App Engine's 3rd level domain: bseu-api.appspot.com, so there's no custom domain for the app, nor do I need to add one let alone buy it.

But the issue is it seems like the Domain verification is still expected, and there's no info about how to add a TXT or CNAME record for the default App Engine domain, or is there?

I'd appreciate any help resolving the issue!
Solved Solved
0 5 445
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @dskecse,

Welcome to Google Cloud Community!

Since your verification status is "Pending developer action", I would suggest reaching out to Google's Trust and Safety team so that they could provide additional assistance with regards your concern since this is more of a domain issue, or use this link to Google Domains Help.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @dskecse,

Welcome to Google Cloud Community!

Since your verification status is "Pending developer action", I would suggest reaching out to Google's Trust and Safety team so that they could provide additional assistance with regards your concern since this is more of a domain issue, or use this link to Google Domains Help.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply, @robertcarlos ! I'll submit my question to the Google Domains Help and try reaching out to Trust and Safety team once again.

UPD: The issue has been addressed by the Trust and Safety team themselves.

Hi @dskecse,

I'm having the same problem. DId the Trust and Safety team solve your problem? Were you able to verify your app?

Hey @AlbertoCaMar ,

Yes, they did eventually. Basically, the domain verification issue has gone the moment they replied, and we were able to verify our app in a few attempts (mostly due to the Google Sign-in/button branding things).

I had to write a few emails as replies to the "OAuth Verification Request" email from Google's API OAuth Dev Verification with mostly the same content as my question above. They replied back in a bit more than 2 weeks essentially due to the fact they "have been receiving a high volume of requests and have experienced an unexpected technical issue that has since been resolved".