AppSheet + Google Cloud DocAI form processing template

Hi everyone,

I did some testing with AppSheet and connecting via API to DocumentAI services, for example for form processing of uploaded PDF file attachments. A small serverless function (for example deployed in Google Cloud Run) is needed to translate between AppSheet & DocAI, but it is pretty simple to get working (sample in the instructions).

More information on Google Cloud Document AI services can be found here (specifically an example for form processing): Document AI docs 

Here's an example of how the app looks, and can display the processed form data in an overview card for an uploaded PDF attachment:

Screenshot 2022-02-24 09.59.18.png

The sample app can be found here, GitHub serverless code here, for and a detailed doc for deployment and configuration of all components can be found here

3 6 1,508
6 REPLIES 6

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @tyayers 

Thanks for this great doc !

You may want to set a restriction to your doc without any permission for external users ?

Would it be possible to fully share this "how to" on a Tips & Trick post ? (I mean, with the awesome informations you inserted in your Docs)

Hi, the doc should be accessable to comment to anyone.. yes can put the contents directly in a post if it is more useful.

Hi, would this work for an invoice processor as well? Also, the google sheet document isn't there in my drive for some reason. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi, yes I have used this for DocAI form processing as well, send me a message and we can connect on how to get it working.

Impressive work, @tyayers ! I couldn't locate this post when I searched, so I took matters into my own hands and crafted a solution.

I use ChatGPT for a wide range of use cases, particularly for processing documents containing product listings in an ORDER PDF, which may come in various formats from different customers. This versatility extends beyond a single predefined format, making it a valuable tool for diverse document analysis.

Here is the video:  Re: API Post to appsheet API not showing up right ... - Google Cloud Community  

Hello @tyayers How can I contact to you to ask a session with you and verify if you have time to guide to me to this process, I mean you have any fare for your time. thanks

Top Labels in this Space