Assistant View

The โ€˜Assistantโ€™ view thatโ€™s available by default in every app is a handy tool for performing โ€˜intelligentโ€™ searches of your app content. Try using natural language commands to quickly show results:
1X_fa674ffa1f54b19a08488825c5d91a73fe13e194.gif

1 9 1,666
9 REPLIES 9

Is this a new feature? This would be amazing!

@Marc_Dillon this should already be live for you and available by default in any new apps you create. Look in Intelligence > Smart Assistant to enable - more details available here: https://help.appsheet.com/intelligence/smart-assistant-view

I can confirm it has been live for months now. Not sure I always get the results I want, but it is a very interesting addition, and does provide a decent search by voice capability. Can find you a record while driving, but the next action typically requires typing.

Still trying to find a killer application for it in my use cases, but love knowing itโ€™s there when I hit the need. One day, with a real Intelligent Assitant (like Dialogflow), this could get very very interesting!

Hi, Peter. Somewhere I read that Assistant View supported the English and Spanish languages. I am developing an application for inspections and supervision of engineering works (schools, universities, sewers, roads, etc.). My first language is spanish. Every time I tried the assistent I had no results. The app tables have the following names: โ€œobrasโ€ (works), โ€œvisitasโ€ (visits), โ€œInspectoresโ€ (inspectors), โ€œrepresentantesโ€ (represdentatives), โ€œjefesโ€ (bosses), โ€œsupervisoresโ€ (supervisors) . The consultations through the assistant would be about the name of the tables or the type โ€œMostrar las obras de la provincia de โ€ฆโ€ (Show me the works that are in the province of โ€ฆ).
How should I formulate the orders for it to work?
I tried:
โ€œGo to worksโ€ (Go to works) -> sometimes works, sometimes it does not work
โ€œShow me works from the province of Buenos Airesโ€ (Show me work from Buenos Aires province) -> it does not work.
Thank you.

Hi @Sergio_Sagrista, can you give me the name of your app? There may be a bug thatโ€™s breaking the assistant for your app.

Hi Tony, the name is SuperObras (SuperObras-462394).

@Sergio_Sagrista I tried these queries in your app and they seemed to work:

• obras
  • visitas
  • inspectores
  • representantes
  • jefes

This one didnโ€™t work:

• Mostrar las obras de la provincia de Buenos Aires

It didnโ€™t work because the provincia column is of type Text, which isnโ€™t filterable using the Smart Assistant column. If you convert it to an Enum or Ref column, where the values are the possible provincias, then it should work. (Iโ€™ll update the documentation to reflect this.)

Now, I have another question. When you say that โ€œgo to the worksโ€ doesnโ€™t work, is it because itโ€™s transcribing your command incorrectly? Or is the command transcribed correctly but itโ€™s not doing the right thing?

Thank you for your valuable feedback!

Tony, I tried the same queries and now work :

Ok with โ€œIt didnโ€™t work because the provincia column is of type Textโ€.

The last question is resolved: simply say โ€œObrasโ€

Thank you so much for everything.

tony1

Glad you got it working. Please feel free to make a new post in the community with any feedback or questions that you have about it.

Top Labels in this Space