Create Recurring Events using Actions

Hi everyone!

This week I was able to create recurring events into our Project Management Template App for AppSheet Training and wanted to share my excitement with yall! 

If you haven't had a chance to read @Steve's post about Add any number of rows from any row within a table check this post out! The logic used to create these recurring events comes from this workflow. 

Once you have this set up you simply need to use the expression shown below to set up you recurring events.

Under the Add one row action you can add as many columns as you want and each record will have a UNIQUEID() allowing you to apply an expression to your Date Columns. This allows app users to set how many days in in the future they would like the next event to occur using the [Recurring] Column. 

Check it out below: 

add one row - pm.PNG

add one row - pm - 2.PNG

([Due Date]+(([Count]-1))*[Recurring])

Final View

Untitled design (3).gif

Copy & Customize: Project Management App

One of my favorite things about no-code right now is the ability to think of an idea and create it within minutes. And then begin using these optimization in your business workflows immediately. 

How would you use this feature? And what are other ways you have setup recurring events for your AppSheet Apps?

Happy Developing,

Austin from AppSheet Training

9 0 631
0 REPLIES 0
Top Labels in this Space