Dev Checklist | In-App checklists for keeping track of your development progress (FREE Auto-Table)

While building your app, it's helpful to have a list of tasks and ideas right there - in the app - to help you keep track of everything that's needed

How to use

1. Open the Google Sheet for the app you wish to add this into
      - Create a blank sheet
      - Name it โ€œDev_Checklistโ€

2. From the Auto-Table: copy the header and first row

3. Back on your appโ€™s Google Sheet: paste what you copied into the new sheet

4. Add the table to your app
  5. There's some final steps needed to do (inside your app) to make this work smooth:
    1. Create a table view (to manage entries)
    2. Look at the details of the first record (the one you copied with the header)
    3. Follow the instructions in the record
       - They essentially say: 
      1. Open the "Dev_Checklist_Detail" view
      2. Find the QuickEdit section
      3. Add the following columns: 
        - [Dev_Check_Items_ONGOING]
        - [Dev_Check_Items_COMPLETE]

Once this is complete, you're ready to start using the dev checklist to help manage your app-development tasks

Here's the original release videoMultiTech_0-1667752933340.gif

After using this auto-table a bunch - I found this to be the MOST useful auto-table built so far - I found some changes I wanted to make to the table

• Here's a video going over the updates made
  • You don't need to worry about implementing these; they've already been included in the original auto-table

dealwithitnowparrot.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I released this last year around X-mas time, but never made an official post of its own.  Hopefully people can find this resource now, as it's been the most helpful auto-table for me yet!

6 4 398
4 REPLIES 4

What's an "auto-table"?

It's the way @MultiTech call tables that has JSON parameters on the headers so that AppSheet auto-configs the columns when you add the table.
I know you know about it

๐Ÿ˜„ .

Just trying to get everyone on the same page (in relation to terms) is all.... (^_^)

Here's another one of relevance I use all the time:

• "Note Parameters" = the JSON code inside the header
       - They live in the "notes" area of the cell
       - They're parameters for AppSheet
Top Labels in this Space