Quick Tip Friday - Limit Functionality & Data Based on the User

Three tips today - they focus on how you can limit what users can see based on their role AND how to test that functionality.
As always feel free to reach out with any questions!
1 7 327
7 REPLIES 7

Number of the thumbs ups you receieved and spport indicate that your contets posted here is collecting no intersts from the community.

I watched the contents, but no interest, no fun, not bringing new learning to the users. To be honest. Im sorry.

AppSheet (Before Google) was good to organize the webiners and number of users are interestingly attended to the session on live to get the new knowledges. But after Google acquirement, the quality of those post is less quality. Im sorry to say, but to be honest. Just saying from user point of view. Google should review how to post the short movies, turorial in order to get them encouraged to view those.

Indeed, there's lots of room for improvement in the effectiveness and value of these quick tip videos.

Thank you for your feedback Koichi and dbaum.

Just to share a bit of background on this, Anthony suggested that we begin posting useful videos that weโ€™ve been using for internal Customer Engineer and Sales staff training to the external community. We all agreed internally to support this effort.

The inherent value of posting these educational videos seems obvious as the viewership has already received 776 in just 5 days on YouTube.

If the community values fresh educational content - especially for folks who are new to the platform, then please let us know!

Thank you!

@cschalk_ws wrote:

internal Customer Engineer and Sales staff training

Indeed, the videos seem noticeably repurposed from some other effort. It makes sense that they're actually explicitly geared for an internal AppSheet audience.

From my point of view (Sorry to be always honest out of my opiinons...),  such contents should not be "tips and tricks" category, as this category is a place where  app creators share new idea, hidden tricks, rather than explaining the basic features and functions.

Not to confuse and push such contents to target audience, it could be better to post as a series of video onto here? It could be more appealing to those who are eagarly trying to find those resources to learn the appsheet to get started with.

2022-12-08_9-44-12.png

โ€ƒ

Another point why such an educational material should NOT be placed to tips and tricks category is it will be easily buried. The number of posts are kept thrown to the category, so your post will be pushed down (unless you stay pinning them), so it become more difficult to be found. Hope my suggestion is reasonable.

Top Labels in this Space