SOLVED! Webhook API: Appsheet to Smartsheet - Row Key Not Found:

Hi! I’ve been a lurker in the community and learning a lot from other’s questions. I’m happy to report that my first post to the community is a solution!

I saw a number of questions around the Appsheet API and errors regarding a row key not being found, when in fact it was clearly in the data source.

I was having this same error, and it turns out the reason I was receiving it had to do with the fact that I am using Smartsheet as the data source for the table. What isn’t clear is that when you are using a Smartsheet data source not only do you need to include the key column(s) as defined in Appsheet, but you also need the Row ID as defined in Smartsheet. I made a video to share:

Appsheet API to Smartsheet Error Row Having Key (value) Not Found

Hopefully this helps to save others the hours that it took me to figure out what was going on.

3 4 303
4 REPLIES 4

Nice video, good problem solving.

I feel like the Appsheet API shouldn’t be working that way though. Very strange.

I’m not sure it’s as much to do with the Appsheet API as it is with Smartsheet. Smartsheet and Appsheet don’t always play nice together, in my experience…

Can’t we all just get along??

Hahaha. They do for the most part. You just have to know the limitations. Overall Appsheet extends Smartsheet’s functionality greatly!

Top Labels in this Space