Timed out waiting for a resource

We got this Error Message when syncing the app:

Unable to fetch app definition. Error: Data table 'TableName' is not accessible due to: Timed out waiting for a resource. The reason is usually a very large/slow loading table or a cross-table cycle in AppSheet formulas.

Usually this is a transient error that would last only some minutes. But this time is last longer. (We use Google Sheets as the data source)

We tried many things. We also also hit "Regenerate Structure" on this Table. We then got an error that lead us to this page:

https://www.appsheet.com/support/errormessages

ERROR INTERNAL TABLENOTACCESSIBLE
Meaning Your data table is not accessible.
Likely Cause There could be multiple reasons for this error. Most likely, this could be a transient error. It may be possible that your spreadsheet is empty.
Resolution Steps Please try to access your spreadsheet through your provider account. Retry login in to Appsheet with the account that owns this sheet.

So we logged out from AppSheet and logged in again. This seems to solve the problem.

I wanted to share this, because this may save a lot of time searching the reason.
On the other hand it makes no sense to me, because all the other sheets were accessible.

Does anyone have more insight on that?

4 2 867
2 REPLIES 2

Hello,

As the error states "The reason is usually a very large/slow loading table or a cross-table cycle in AppSheet formulas."

Please check your Performance Monitor for slow sync times or other operations. You can then expand the operation by clicking the Binoculars to determine what table is taking so long to load. A lot of times this is a virtual column referencing another table and how complex the expression is (Eg, many SELECT(), FILTER(), LOOKUP(), etc) and number of rows in each table.

There is also a handy graph in the Perf Mon to show you what virtual columns take the most time to compute. This is the first place I would look, and then you can hopefully work backwards to improve the efficiency of the expression.

I hope this helps.

Hi @Rob_Just thank you for your reply. Your tip is very helpful and as I'm working with AppSheet since >7 years, I'm aware of that. 

But here the only solution was to log out and log in again as the app creator.
We are curious about why this solved the problem, since we never heard about a solution like that.

Top Labels in this Space