Transfer app assets to another account

While AppSheet provides straightforward functionality to Transfer an app between user accounts that only applies to the app itself and not the many spreadsheets, templates, images, Apps Script projects, and other files that an app references. It's possible to share those files across accounts without transferring ownership and an app can still function. Also, analogous ownership transfer functionality does exist for other Google Drive files. However, there can be complications--especially when transferring from a personal account to a Workspace account--and, even if those techniques are technologically sufficient for the app to function, consolidating all the files in a single account may be required for non-technical reasons. Here's a rudimentary outline of steps I've compiled for myself when performing this activity.

1. Drive
    1. Share app folder
  2. AppSheet
    1. Transfer an app between user accounts
  3. Drive
    1. Manually recreate folder structure
    2. Copy all files owned by original owner
    3. Rename original files (e.g., "~OLD ")
    4. Rename copies (i.e., "Copy of ")
    5. Move copies to new owner's My Drive
    6. Unshare original files
  4. AppSheet
    1. Change app asset URLs (i.e., App logo, Launch image, Background image)
    2. Change app Table Source IDs
    3. Change app Template Doc IDs
    4. Add Apps Script projects to account
  5. Apps Script
    1. Change spreadsheet IDs
  6. Drive
    1. Delete original files

13 3 612
3 REPLIES 3

After Transfer an app between user accounts I applied this utility to the folder My Drive/appsheet/data and it worked like a charm. For my application, I met the free transfer quota of 100 files.

You better to share the source folders with the receiving acocunt first.....

Before transfer the app owners....

Your approach is super risky.

@dbaum wrote:

1. Drive
    1. Share app folder

If I understand you correctly, that's indeed what I had listed as step #1. Do you mean something else should precede this step?

Top Labels in this Space