Try out my Custom GPT for AppSheet with the entire AppSheet documentation underneath it

Hi everyone! ๐Ÿ‘‹

I'm excited to introduce you to my latest digital team member: App Sheet Pro Assistent! ๐Ÿš€ 

Here is the link to it if you want to try it out. You need to have a plus subscription to use it.

This isn't just any chatbot; it's a specialized GPT tailored specifically for Google Workspace Developers, focusing on AppSheet tasks. Whether you're crafting expressions, developing app ideas, or navigating through AppSheet's various features, this Assistant is your go-to guide. ๐Ÿค–

The special thing is that embedded the entire official AppSheet documentation into it. I was annoyed when ChatGPT just used some imaginary function that does not exist. So I scraped all of the documentation and put it into the knowledge base. Luckily I did that with a python script so that I can update the knowledge overtime so it reflects the latest changes.

It simplifies the complex world of AppSheet. You can get clear explanations, help with functions, and even develop application ideas covering views, automations, data, and settings. And the best part? It directly uses AppSheet's language, ensuring everything is compatible with the platform. ๐Ÿงฉ

So, if you're working on AppSheet and need a quick, reliable, and insightful assistent, give it a try! 

I would love to hear your feedback about it. So that I can improve it overtime.๐ŸŒŸ

Happy Developing!

Marius๐Ÿš€๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ’ป๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐Ÿ’ป

6 9 865
9 REPLIES 9

I happen to be paying for ChatGPT 4.0, which seems to be a "plus" subscription so it looks like I can use what you built.  ๐Ÿ™‚ At first, I was a bit confused about whether or not I'd be able to access it, however, because AppSheet has an "Enterprise Plus" subscription plan that I don't use.

I'm looking forward to testing this.  But, what I'm REALLY looking forward to is the day when I can make a copy of an app (to keep the original, just in case), give AI access to the copied app and then tell it what I need to do and ask it to implement it.  Someday, maybe.  ๐Ÿ˜‰

I used the "App Sheet Pro Assistant" (note: "Assistant" is misspelled "Assistent") to answer the following question:
https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet-Q-A/MAXROW-with-multiple-results/m-p/695581/highlig...

I think it worked well!

That's awesome. Thanks for your feedback, it really helps. 

Sure!  Thanks for your good work.  Do you work for OpenAI?  If not, I wonder how one can do advanced things with ChatGPT like this.

Haha no no. I am a Google Workspace Developer and happen to use ChatGPT a lot. They introduced these custom GPT's a few months ago so I just built that one for me. It really makes work a lot easier since I need to prompt way less and point him less to the correct documentation. 
And so I thought others would benefit from it aswell.

BTW: It really is really simple to create such a custom GPT. Getting the documentation in there was the harder part ๐Ÿ˜Bildschirmfoto 2024-01-08 um 09.11.54.png

Thanks! This is useful information for me.

Sounds great! But could you elaborate more on the harder part? Since Custom GPTs seem to have no API, do you plan to manually replace your knowledge base's file all the time?
As for your Python web scraper, do you manage to repeatedly scrape all of Google's GAS support portal without getting blocked? Do you turn all those webpages into 1 giant PDF file for you to upload manually?

Last but not least, would you like to share your scraper on GitHub?
Thanks!

They added actions a while ago. So you could access other APIs with that, but I am not sure where to get official documentation unless I build a backend myself. 
Therefore the plan would be to indeed replace the files manually. In the real world that means to run my script every week or so to ensure that the files are up to date. 

Regarding the scraping: I did not find an optimal way yet. I did the work and got all of the individual links (about 300 and I am not done) and scrape them one by one. I am sure there is a better way. 
Since the upload limit is 20 documents I tried to group the documentation a bit instead of doing one giant file. For the file format I use a simple txt file. I did not find a lot online but some people said that custom GPTs are better at understanding text files instead of pdfs. 

I do not have it in GitHub yet but that is a great idea. I will let you know once I upload it.

Even if you built a backend, isn't actions only meant for manual chat requests (like "fetch weather" and then it goes and uses the relevant action)?

As for the script itself, you can run it automatically through a cronjob / task scheduler, leaving you just the manual upload part. If only they offered database sync and not just API, you could have uploaded there automatically.

About text VS PDF, I wonder if it's because people tried PDFs that had images, styles, etc. I also wonder if JSON/xml would work better than plaintext.

Top Labels in this Space