Video Files on Appsheet - Upload file from App then view on App (No third party services)

To film video natively on the app and save the video files to the cloud storage straight-away is one of the awaited features to have.

Saving video and audio file such as MP4, MP3 can be done by simply set up the data field type to โ€œFileโ€ Then we have link to the those files with hyperlink but not able to view on the appsheet app.

This is super easy tricks.

Apart from file type data field, add virtual column with show type.

Set category to โ€œVideoโ€

And put the simple expression of text([Video File]), which will automatically create the public URL to access to the saved file and can be consumed in Show type column.

App seting is that s all.

By doing so, we dont need to host the video/audio files in Youtube or other place, and als we don t need to employ any other third party service. Just done by simple column set ups.

@Kirk_Masden

31 42 9,574
42 REPLIES 42

Still following this for an update, our drivers all have IOS ๐Ÿ˜ฅ. Would love to give them video directions to stores through centres for deliveries.

I got my MP4s playing.  Here is what I put in my Display Name to help the users:

"Video (If hosted on Drive, must be an MP4 and in this format: https://drive.google.com/uc?id= )"

Thanks for the great solution its working fine but it not playing videos in ios devices can anyone help me with this 

Thanks in advance

Top Labels in this Space