Charged for both Workspace, and Gsuite.

I just realised that I am being billed monthly by both Workspace, and Gsuite. The workspace bill, I signed up for, and I can see in my account billing, but I have no idea what the charge for Gsuite is, or what it could be. Any help here?

0 1 80
1 REPLY 1

Hii

It seems you've stumbled upon a confusing situation with Google billing, seeing charges for both Workspace and G Suite. Don't worry, I'm here to help you navigate through it!

First, let's understand the difference:

• Google Workspace: A suite of online productivity tools including Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Meet, and more. It's ideal for businesses and teams to collaborate and work efficiently.
  • G Suite: This was the old name for Google Workspace. In 2020, Google rebranded the service to "Google Workspace," but some people might still refer to it as G Suite.

So, why are you getting charged twice?

There could be a few reasons:

• Duplicate Charges: Double-check your bank statement for duplicate entries. Billing errors can sometimes occur.
  • Different Plans: You might be subscribed to separate plans for Google Workspace and G Suite. The old G Suite plan could be inactive after the rebranding, but the billing might still be ongoing.
  • Additional Services: It's possible you purchased additional services with Google Workspace, such as extra Drive storage or Google Play Kiosk subscriptions.

Here's how to investigate:

1. Access Google Workspace Admin: https://admin.google.com/
  2. Go to "Billing"
  3. Review Billing History: Analyze the dates, amounts, and descriptions of each charge to identify their origin.
  4. Identify Plans: Check the Google Workspace and G Suite plans (if applicable) to understand the features and pricing of each.
  5. Verify Additional Services: Confirm if there are any additional paid services like extra storage or subscriptions.

If you're still stuck:

• Contact Google Workspace Support: https://support.google.com/a/answer/1047213?hl=en
  • Explain the Situation: Detail the charges you're seeing and the confusion you have.
  • Provide Information: Have your account name, billing dates, and charge descriptions ready to assist with their investigation.

With these steps, you'll be well on your way to solving the billing mystery and regaining control of your finances.

Here are some additional points to remember:

• Google doesn't charge for inactive services. If you no longer use G Suite, cancel the old plan to avoid further charges.
  • Keep an eye on your bank statement to identify any potential billing errors.
  • Google Workspace Support is available to assist you with any questions or issues you encounter.