For Business Starter accounts, how can they buy the extra storage?

Some users from my clients drive storage is filled up to 30GB (Google Workspace Business Starter).

And they don't wanna upgrade the plan.  

In my opinion It should be some other option for the Business Starter whose storage are filled.

How can I help them best.

1 8 4,877
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @StevenHtut 

At the moment, there's no alternative option available to buy extra storage.

If you need more space, you will have to upgrade to other editions, unfortunatly.

Hope it helps,

Jan Carlos

The Business Stater Plan has already been contracted.

How to upgrade?

It is possible to have a Google Workspace with mixed Starter / Standard plans.
This allows you to minimize the costs of obtaining additional storage space.
If you have users with 1Tb extensions (99โ‚ฌ / year), it is even cheaper to switch them to the Standard plan.

Mixed plans are to be asked to your Google Workspace reseller or to your Google sales representative if you buy your solution directly from Google.

Partial domain (mixed) licensing requires a minimum number of users, and a minimum % of users on the higher SKU (edition).

Furthermore, except in very rare, exceptional circumstances, I always caution organizations against partial domain (mixed) licensing as confusion will abound amongst the user base with regards to who has access to what features and capabilities, and who doesn't. This invariably breaks workflows, and makes some workflows impossible to implement organization-wide.

• Who can record meetings?
  • Who can use Shared Drives?
  • Who can use external spaces?
  • Who can use document templates?
  • Who can submit document approvals?
  • Who can have meeting co-hosts or create polls?

Nobody knows (except the admin)!

More: Compare business editions

To upgrade to Business Standard edition, connect with your Google Cloud Partner.

This is a huge mistake from your end google. Forcing people to upgrade to another package, when they don't need any. At least if an option of pooled storage was available for starters, would have been better. In that case, for users who don't need 30GB, we can allocate that to other users. At this point, Microsoft seems to be a better option. Most of our clients are also planning to shift. Please do something. 
Earlier, there was an option, if individual person wants to increase storage they could. Now that has become Google one.

@craftspotae Business Starter does now come with pooled storage, so you can simply buy extra user accounts to get extra storage, but as soon as you have bought twice the number of licences you actually need for users you will have spent the same as the upgrade to Business Standard, and Business Standard gives far more storage.

too late. the client migrated to Microsoft !

Google starter moved to pooled storage too, BUT if you need extra storage - that is only bundle of 10TB.