Having the choice to have only the sound from a Google Meet record

Hi people!

I would like to know if this is possible, to only have the sound from a Google Meet record.

I would like to send to customers, only the sound from consultations I give to them, and the only possibility I saw, is to use CloudConvert to have the video in another format!! (which is not free and I wouldn't want to use a third party)

This is something totally feasible with Zoom.

Am I missed something?

Thank you!

I wish you a wonderful day,

Sebastien

1 4 985
4 REPLIES 4

This is not a native feature in Google Meet today. Though there are plenty of free & open source tools as well as 3p solutions that can extract audio from an mp4 file including ffmpeg

Hello!

This is of course a good workaround yes, but this is not automatic at all, I would like the person with who I have the meeting, can receive by e-mail a link to a page requiring an authentication (for example), to be able to access the audio only of the recorded meeting.

Google Meet is at this point, very oriented enterprises and I totally understand.

Now Calendar is able to accept payments, which is a very good sign to handle other use cases (like mine to be honest).

Now I am looking forward Google proposes the option I am looking for ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you anyway for your answer, and I wish you a wonderful day.

Sebastien.

Glad that helped somewhat, please feel free to submit these feature ideas to our Feature Ideas Community as described here

fwiw, you can do this today using the APIs and GCP services like Cloud Functions to deploy this workflow and have recordings be automatically exported, ffmpeg to extract audio, and then an email follow up be crafted. 

Hey Kevin, can you provide any resources or further information on how to set up a function to export the (Google Meet) recordings, have the audio extracted, and then save them back to Google Drive? I'm happy to use GCP to do this. Thanks for your help