How to access shared drives in iOS Files app?

I‘d like to open files from Google Drive in an iOS app that opens the default iOS file browsing dialog to select a file. However I only see the files stored in „My Drive“. Is there a way to access shared drives too, like in OneDrive, and Google Drive for desktop for example?

Solved Solved
1 4 8,579
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Shortcuts in your My Drive pointing to folders in Shared Drives will work. The obvious downside is you cannot create a shortcut to the root of your Shared Drive. It must point to a folder located in the root or below.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Shortcuts in your My Drive pointing to folders in Shared Drives will work. The obvious downside is you cannot create a shortcut to the root of your Shared Drive. It must point to a folder located in the root or below.

Thank you for the advice. It's not ideal but it works. I think the drive team should move "My Drive" into a subfolder and make it available next to a "Shared drives" and "Shared with me" in order to make it work the same way as it works on macOS.

Agreed. The Drive app should provide the iOS Files service a view of your data one level higher than it does now. I haven't thought through all of the ramifications but it sounds good.

Placing these shortcuts to Shared Drive folders in a single folder can help users keep them organized. If someone needed more than a handful I could see them cluttering up the root of their My Drive.

I’ve just bought an iPad Pro and trying to map my Shared Drives to it. So I understand the above thread but can’t seem to create shortcuts from Shared Drives on the iPad? I can access Shared Drives on the iPad via Chrome browser but can’t find any dropdown menu which is usually where the ‘create shortcut’ command lives. Does that mean I’ve got to create all the shortcuts on a desktop??

Top Solution Authors