How to save files in google drive shared folder on windows explorer?

Hello 

In my comapny we are  using Google Workspace Essentials, and we share files. We all have Googledrive app on our desktops. How can I save files in google drive shared folder on windows explorer?

0 4 243
4 REPLIES 4

@kamPL as long as your Workspace instance has Shared Drives, when you go to your Explorer, you should see a drive letter when Google Desktop is running and logged in.  I believe it typically defaults to G: for Google 🙂

So on my machine, I go to G: and there is a folder called Shared Drive with subdirectories for each shared drive.  Hope this helps!

-KAM

If you’re talking about the bug that “Shared with me” doesn’t show up in Drive for Desktop, the workaround is to add a shortcut to any content in “Shared with me” you need to access via Drive for Desktop to your My Drive. See https://support.google.com/drive/answer/9700156 for how. 

But I agree with @KAM: Shared Drives are a much better choice than shared folders for a lot of reasons…

Yes i'm talking about "Shared with me". Yes i know that i have to add a shortcut. But how can i save files in that location working on windows explorer?

Example:

I share folder to John. John can see the folder on web browser in “Shared with me”.

But John need to save files (pdf, word, exel) in that folder on windows explorer. And the problem is that he don't see “Shared with me” folder on windows explorer.

Maybe an example would help. Let’s say that John sees a folder called “My Cool Stuff Folder” inside Shared With Me. If he makes a shortcut to “My Cool Stuff Folder”, that shortcut will appear in John’s MyDrive, and should also be visible/openable in the Drive for Desktop Windows Explorer window.  Does that help at all?

(Disclaimer: it has been a while since I’ve done this, as I generally use Shared Drives instead these days.)

Cheers,

Ian