How to set an account that can send email to any group without moderation.

In our organization we use a lot of mailing groups. There are more than 1000 groups. And moderation all messages turned on.
I know that moderators can give permission to an account to send an email to the moderated group. It wont work to us. Also I know that Google Workspace admin is able to send email to all groups without moderation.
The idea is to create a special account with less admin privileges but with the ability send email without moderation. We would like to use such account to send urgent messages for instances emergency emails.
So what admin privileges gives to admin such an ability? In our organization we use a lot of mailing groups. There are more than 1000 groups. And moderation all messages turned on.
I know that moderators can give permission to an account to send an email to the moderated group. It wont work to us. Also I know that Google Workspace admin is able to send email to all groups without moderation.
The idea is to create a special account with less admin privileges but with the ability send email without moderation. We would like to use such account to send urgent messages for instances emergency emails.
So what admin privileges gives to admin such an ability?
Maybe there another better way to solve the issue?

Thanks

Almas

0 2 186
2 REPLIES 2

The short version is that you can't, really. Groups is one of the older and more poorly-maintained services from Google, and has a lot of limitations like this. It really hasn't much at all in 5 or more years.

In terms of your emergency notifications use case, you might consider setting up some Dynamic Groups specifically for emergency notifications; or possibly using a third-party service that specializes in multi-channel (email, text, etc.) emergency notifications, like Everbridge or its competitors.

Hope that helps a little,

Ian

One thought is there is feature in the pending queue of moderated emails that might be helpful.  Specifically, "To approve the messages and automatically approve all future posts by those authors, click Approve author".  See this KB for more information https://support.google.com/groups/answer/2466386?hl=en

Perhaps you can send a message to all the groups that gets moderated and make sure you approve it as such.  Doesn't scale too much but might work if it's not too many groups.

-KAM

Top Solution Authors