SPF record modification

I'm on a workspace trial with an existing google domain. Workspace has created an SPF showing:

v=spf1 include:_spf.google.com ~all

I wish to modify it to:

v=spf1 include:_spf.google.com -all

However, when I enter the admin console to manage it, there is no "View Details" in the status column. Going to the DNS setting in google domain, the workspace setting has a "manage" option, but it simply takes me to my email settings. 

I could add a custom spf record, but I cannot delete the workspace spf record without deleting the adjoining settings. 

Can anyone offer advice on how to modify the spf record as described?

Thanks, Jerry

2 8 1,356
8 REPLIES 8

I am having exactly the same issue

Hello! 

Spf is a domain related configuration.

You just need to have a TXT entry in your DNS with the value you want to set.

I don't think that an admin console configuration will impact on your spf entry.

But maybe i'm misunderstanding something.

Could you send some pictures illustrating the problem?

Best regards,

Jan Carlos

The problem is, in google domains, if you want to change the workspace dns settings, it sends you to the workspace admin console.

From there there doesn't appear to be a way to set the spf records.

I'm having this same issue. There is no TXT record in Custom Records that matches what is showing up in the Google Workspace/SPF section.

The documentation also suggests adding @ as the Host which is not accepted by Google

@evanbarry @is DNS shorthand for your domain.  Just enter your domain as the host. -KAM

I am also having the same issue. I need to add another include: to the Data field but I am not able to edit the records under Google Workspace. This creates an error if I enter an SPF record in the custom records because you can only have 1 SPF record.

Since I'm currently revisiting this for my own domain, thought I'd share what I've discovered.  

The first link walks through the initial "How to Authenticate..."  Scroll done to the "Too many SPF records" error" section.  This explains that one needs to delete the Workspace records (COPY somewhere FIRST!), and then add back to the Custom section less the "spf" record.  You will add the MailerLite "spf" record, which should already be merged with Google.  If not, check out the second link on how to merge.  

I think this is the fix!

(URL Removed by Staff)

Sorry...I'm so dang new.  I didn't realize links were discouraged. 

The How to Authenticate: in the "Help" for mailerlite.com, search for How to authenticate a domain with google workspace

The Merge SPF Records: search for How to merge spf records