Templates for google docs & slides

Hi! Can anyone help me solve the template issue? I can't create docs, sheets, or slide templates. I can upload but not totally submit it. I tried reaching out to the help center but had no luck. I think we have already enabled all the necessary settings.

For weeks now, it just says " trouble submitting template. Please try again." It would really be nice to read your tips. Thanks in advance!

0 8 1,579
8 REPLIES 8

Are you sure that Template submission has been enabled (in the Admin Console) for your user account?

Hi Bill! Yes from the admin console > Drive and Docs > It is already OPEN. 

What seems to be the problem? I appreciate your help.

Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 3.38.38 AM.png

Which edition of Workspace are you using? Did you recently change from a previous edition?

Workspace Admin Help: Create custom Drive templates 

Supported editions for this feature: Business Standard and Business Plus;Enterprise ; Education Fundamentals, Education Standard, Teaching and Learning Upgrade, and Education Plus; Nonprofits; G Suite Basic and G Suite Business; Essentials.

We are using Business Standard and no we didn't change. We tried to disable and enable, change settings, and so on but it still doesn't work.

Workspace Learning Center: Create document templates 

Important: You won't be able to submit a template if you do not have permission to modify the sharing settings of your template, or if the template sharing settings have been set to restrict viewers and commenters from downloading the file.

Have you contacted Support to open a case on this matter? 

Workspace Admin Help - Contact Google Workspace support 

Dealing with tech glitches can be a real puzzle sometimes, right? It sounds like you've already done a bunch to troubleshoot the template issue, but these things can still be sneaky. Maybe try a different browser or log out and log back in? And don't hesitate to give Google Docs and Slides another chance later. By the way, if you ever need to map out project milestones, you can find nifty timeline templates Google Docs! Keep your tech optimism up, and I hope you'll get those templates up and running smoothly soon.

I had this issue for ages! I solved it by duplicating the file and then removing the word "Template" from the name of the file. Then I was able to upload as expected.