Unable to merge organizations

So long story short, we are a O365 business but have a use case for having some managed Google accounts. I am attempting to complete the domain verifications, but we have a user that is using their O365 account with Google (ie, they login with the same email as outlook). I have already checked with the user, and they don't actually use the account for anything.

When I try to complete the domain verification and merge the 2 organizations, I get a message that I need to add licenses for Google Workspace Enterprise Essentials. We already have 50 of the Google Workspace Essentials Starter. The user in question shows as having a Google Workspace Business Standard account, however, no-one is paying for this.

So, my questions is: How do I merge the orgs without having to buy a license we don't seem to need?

Again, I'm kind of new here, any help would be appreciated. 

1 1 97
1 REPLY 1

You have to have a paid for license/s to uplift and merge all free Essentials Starter accounts. https://support.google.com/a/answer/53926?hl=en 

You have to have enough paid for licenses to cover the Essential Starter users. This can be Enterprise Essentials. The user in question may have signed up for  a trial of Business Standard, that would have expired.