View Google Groups information with limited access

I am using a Google Group to allow our users to submit documents, photos, videos, etc. that need to be entered into a digital evidence management system outside of Google Workspace.  There are about a dozen group members that are responsible for entering this information as it is submitted and they are the only ones who can view the conversations in the group. Anyone in the org can post to the group.

I need to provide a subset of employees with limited access to the group. I don't want them to be able to read the conversations or view/download any attachments. Ideally, I would like them to be able to view the information in the Conversations list for the group (i.e.: Sender name/email, subject line and date/time sent), not the content of the message or any attachments.

I've already explored a custom role for the group but it doesn't appear that I can define permissions as I need. I also looked to see if an API could be used to pull this information but it doesn't appear there is one. Finally, I looked into a groups RSS feed but it appears Google discontinued that functionality a few years ago.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

0 0 454
0 REPLIES 0