Weird mail delivery issue with Groups causing an issue with Zapier workflow

This is complicated to explain so please bear with me....

I am a member of 2 Google Groups (Group A and Group B). Group B is a member of Group A. Both groups are set up such that the subject line prefix displays the group name in brackets (i.e.: "Subject: [Group A] This is the subject line."

99% of the time, if someone sends an email to Group A, I get it in my inbox from the Group A mailing list and the subject line appears as above. In this case, if I look at the mail headers, it clearly says that it was sent from "Mailing-list: list Group A@mydomain.org"  and the 'To:' field shows it was sent to Group A@mydomain.org and all is good. Side note: It doesn't come in twice (which I assume is Google behind the scenes realizing that I am in both groups so it only has to deliver it once). 

However, on some occasions, I get an email that was sent to Group A with both group names in brackets in the subject line (i.e.: "Subject: [Group B] [Group A] This is the subject line." When I look at the mail headers in these instances, it shows it was sent from "Mailing-list: list Group B@mydomain.org"  even though the 'To:' field shows it was sent to Group B@mydomain.org

I am not sure if this is a timing issue or what but the problem is that I am using Zapier to trigger a workflow based on the "Mailing-list" attribute in the email and it is causing a problem for me.

Anyone have any idea what might be happening here and how I might be able to resolve it?

0 0 205
0 REPLIES 0