When will forms get some love

I see almost no features coming into forms yet it seems organizations (namely mine) use them all the time.  Seems like a lot of stuff could be built in such as:  emailing multiple people, tracking all forms in the admin console, generating template PDF's for responses, etc...

Basically like this service:  forms-publisher.com except I don't have to give permisssions to my entire enterprise workspace environment to an unknown company (that only charges $590 a year with no SOC2).  As a director, I'm not thrilled on bringing in more SaaS than necessary to our email and drives.  

Anyways, hoping to see more functional features from the Forms team.

Anyone know of any functional developments? 

0 5 199
5 REPLIES 5

(Forgive me as I am replying from Workspace for Education usage.)

I use add-ons to do lots of additional features as needed - like Form Notifications to email responses to multiple people and Autocrat added to the response Sheet to generate PDFs of responses. There are lots of other options that can be added to the Forms or Sheets of responses.

Just sharing in case it helps.

Hi,
Thank you for responding. My concern is that I have to open the
environment up by installing the plugins and give them permissions to
access the tenant.

Or even the really basic stuff like being able to put styled text and links into questions and headings for forms. How that's not just trivial to do is beyond me....

Ian

@keulerj Google actually released some Forms related love just for you it seems: https://workspaceupdates.googleblog.com/2022/03/embed-linked-google-forms-charts-into.html and they have had several releases consistently in 2021 too.  Take a look at that blog.  -KAM 

That's more of a Sheets/Docs feature.  That doesn't enhance the features of forms and allow me the ability to divest from these "marketplace" full permission keys to the kingdom.

Sorry to be negative, I saw that one and what is planned over the next year on the private/NDA roadmap and it's disappointing (obviously I can't post here). 

Top Solution Authors