Why do I have to verify my workspace account when setting up labels?

For the last several weeks, I've had to verify my admin account whenever I try to add a label to an email. Why is this annoying thing happening all of a sudden? Is there perhaps a security setting that's causing this problem? This is driving me crazy and slowing down my workflow!

Solved Solved
0 5 136
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Only the  account logged on the incognito mode would be used, so it would confirm that the problem is not generated because of multiaccount on one profile, and in incognito mode, all browser extension would be deactivated.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Do you use many accounts on the same Chrome profile?

Did you try It in incognito mode?

Maybe is a browser problem, because this shouldn't be happening

Thanks for your reply. Nope, only one account on Google Workspace and using Chrome on Mac desktop, both with the latest updates. Haven't tried incognito, but what would that show if it did work there? 

Only the  account logged on the incognito mode would be used, so it would confirm that the problem is not generated because of multiaccount on one profile, and in incognito mode, all browser extension would be deactivated.

Thanks for suggesting I use incognito to test the label email verification. I just tried it, setting up two labels and they went through just fine! So it must be a Chrome browser problem, then? So, now what do I do to find out what's causing this issue that happens each time in my regular Google Workspace email?  

I recommend to test every extension on you browser.
Deactivate one by one and try again, till you find the extension that is causing the problem.