reset checklist items

The recent addition of "checklist" formatting in Docs is helpful.  I would like to be able to uncheck all checkboxes in a document (or in a selected range) at one time. This would make it easier to recycle a document that is used repeatedly (make a copy of this month's document, rename it to next month, and clear all checklist items).

Menu entries to "clear all checkmarks" and "clear selected checkmarks" would make this feature much more useful. (They should probably come with a confirmation dialog.)

1 12 3,624
12 REPLIES 12

I didn't receive this update yet 

Check it again. All users will have it.

1625495326083.png

this is sound great 

I tried Apps Script and Documents API but I don't see something helpful.

Anyway you can select the list and double clicking the list for reset it

screenrecord.mp4.1625496655.gif

@Alex_Ivanov - Your suggestion helps, but is not a complete solution.  Double-clicking does clear the checkmarks, but it also strips some formatting (in particular, space after list items). 

If there's text in the selected area that is not a checklist item, double-clicking removes the checkboxes and does not restore them.

That's true.

So as a Product Expert I can say we can send the feature request from the Documents App and wait for possible implementation. At the moment this seems to be the best option.

1625498814765.png

It would be great to know a faster way. 

You guys are great! I just learnt about the checklist from here. Please I have a question... what exactly is it for and what is the purpose?

@Tunnyville - the Checklist formatting allows you to create lists within a document (similar to bullet list or numbered list). It is intended to create a live "to-do" list.

Instead of the bullet or number, each item has a box next to it.  When you have completed a task, click the box to check it off the list.  (A check mark appears in the box and the text of the item is changed to strike-through.)

Wow! Thanks, @bgray1. Normally I would Textbox to create the box then use the insert to add a check sign. This makes it very fast. Thank you! ๐Ÿ˜€

I'm not forcing the feature. Just as an idea

screenrecord.mp4.1625840587.gif

The current code https://groups.google.com/g/google-apps-script-community/c/Gl0hcbM0xM8/m/4iP69gv3AAAJ

Cheers!

silly solution:

1. change list to numbered
  2. change back to checked

all you checks will be rest ๐Ÿ™‚

Genius

Top Solution Authors