2 level dependant dropdown lists

Hi everyone I have the following table and I need to fill another table pulling data from this one.
I use:
first column
Attendance[Attendance Category]

second column
Attendance[Attendance Type]

so they can de-ref
I need to fill up another third column as:
Attendance[Attendance]

but I get a N/a result

Can someone help how to do a 3 level de-ref?

0 20 412
20 REPLIES 20

This doesnโ€™t make very much sense, please elaborate. Are there expressions involved? What table are you dereferencing to and from? Are you sure youโ€™re using the word โ€œdereferenceโ€ correctly?

Thanx for your message Marc

you are absolutely right I mean Dependant Dropdown Lists 2 level

I will try to edit the name of the post.

So I want to list the first โ€œAtendance Categoryโ€ than depending on the selection โ€œAttendance Typeโ€ and then depending also on the selection โ€œAttendanceโ€ (as shown on the image attached)

how can I do this?

Are you saying what is in this article is not working as it should?

Please provide screenshots of the appropriate column definitions.

As you can See for the first column:
Acompanhamento[Categoria Atendimento]
Acompanhamento[Tipo Atendimento]
Acompanhamento[Atendimento]

thereโ€™s an error on he last dropdown

Typically youโ€™ll set up the choices in one Table, then the dependent drop functionality in 2nd Table. Iโ€™m not sure what the point of doing it like this is?

Nevertheless I just tried the same setup in a test app, and it seemed to work perfectly fine.

Screenshots

3X_1_7_179fa0e4c777ed4c17a0d3614db12917a17f37cd.png

3X_b_0_b05479ebc50b2dc8f38d6e569cc5e8f18d01dfa8.png

3X_2_2_22f0c25055b4172daabbc978576959df971aa0dc.png

Hmm, wait a sec. โ€œNaNโ€ stands for โ€œNot a Numberโ€. You have some plus signs in the Atendimento column, is there by chance a Spreadsheet Formula in that columnโ€™s definition?

This did not come from AppSheet:

3X_d_4_d430dcdf6576ccd7c9427e1efeba50eaf9586b49.png

Highlight ALL cells of all rows below the last cell with a value, then press Delete.

HI Steve,

I done what you requested and still no goโ€ฆ

Any idea Steve?

Somethingโ€™s wrong with your spreadsheet(s). In all of your worksheets, delete all unused rows and columns (donโ€™t just blank them, actually remove them using right-click). Then Regenerate Structure for every table of your app.

No thereโ€™s nothing on the Spreadsheet formulaโ€ฆ
and I removed all signs and numbers and left just letters

What if you overrode the automatic dependent dropdown functionality, put this into valid_if for Atendimento column:

SELECT( Acompanhamento[Atendimento] , AND( [Categoriaโ€ฆ] = [_THISROW].[Categoriaโ€ฆ] , [Tipoโ€ฆ] = [_THISROW].[Tipoโ€ฆ] ) )

Oh wait, you ARE working with 2 separate tables. What was with the first spreadsheet that you screenshotted in your first post?

Change it to [_THISROW].[Acompanhamento]

please disregard the first image on the first post, it was just a sample table that I copied from the real one and translated the column names for you to better understandโ€ฆ I already deleted this table

the real one is the one on the last pictures

The formula works, but the field for โ€œAtendimentoโ€ doesnโ€™t show up after all the above options are selected

I am out of ideas, sorry.

thanx any way manโ€ฆ I appreciate the effort

Iโ€™ll do better, I will build the tables from scratch and start over these 2 tables.

Iโ€™ll let you know how it goes

FIXED!!!

thanx Steve, it worked out just the way you said!

Top Labels in this Space