30min Reports

I need to setup Reports so that the status of a job is checked every 30mins and notify various people. Is there any way to do this without creating 48 seperate reports for Daily at a specific time?

Solved Solved
0 3 411
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Iโ€™m afraid thatโ€™s the only way with the Report feature.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Iโ€™m afraid thatโ€™s the only way with the Report feature.

Hi Simon, our underlying system can certainly handle much finer grained scheduling. But weโ€™ve been leery of exposing it because we didnโ€™t want the system abused (you can imagine an insane level of spam from a scheduling service that sends emails every minute).

That said, if youโ€™re going to work around it by having 48 different reports, that seems worse in a way.

Iโ€™m game to open up finer-grained scheduling but maybe restricted with some overall usage throttles. The usage tracking and throttling infrastructure is almost in place.
@Phil FYI

Hi @praveen

I agree fully with some sort of throttle, such as a daily limit. But would you set it as the maximum number of times the report can be run? Or the maximum number of events actions it can trigger per day?

My suggestion would be to mirror Googles API whereby a fairly high level is set as free. But once your over this the costs ramp up. This works because it punishes lazy App developers. We setup a Maps API Google Script that took the address from Appsheet and returned the distance to another address, the time to another address and the Lat Long of the address. Due to a slight coding error it was making over 500,000 calls per months. Google was biling us about $100 per month. We redesigned it using an Appsheet webhook instead and we havenโ€™t paid anything since

I would also suggest having different limits for different actions. With emails having the most tightly monitored limits.

The useage case for the 30min or less limit for me is as follows. The client does construction work. Sometimes they get an out-of-hours emergency job that one of the 15man team needs to attend straight away. The client wants the App to SMS (via a API Webhook) everyone every 30mins until someone clicks a action button that says theyโ€™ve agreed to do the job.

For me I donโ€™t see the case for much less than 30mins since a Workflow is instant.

Top Labels in this Space