524 Error Encountered

XIL

Encountering several different error messages when uploading a csv file. 524 error message was the last and reading through the error mentions something about CloudFlare.

www.appsheet.com | 524: A timeout occurred (unable to attach the whole message)

3X_5_f_5f5bf640ef37dded7a2ba07d82b51bbf318b6c14.png

Account ID: 1604922
Region: PH, Asia

0 5 634
5 REPLIES 5

If the problem is still occurring, please do the following:

1. Submit a bug report.
  2. In the bug report include the exact steps to reproduce the problem.
  3. Make certain to grant support access to your account.

To diagnose and fix the problem we will need to reproduce it in the debugger.

It sounds like the importing files seems to be too large (number of the rows as well as expressions for appformula/initial values as we discussed in the other post.

The issue 524 keeps happening after using Cloud Code, VS Code, and Remote SSH extention to connect to VertexAI notebook. I am not sure what's causing this but I am losing a lot of precious hours. Considering to switch to GitHub codespace.

Yes Koichi-san,

That could definitely explain it. I have updated the Troubleshooting CSV Import article to cover timeout better. See topic โ€œTimeout Occurred or Import is Taking Too Longโ€ in this article Troubleshooting CSV Import | AppSheet Help Center

XIL

I saw this post closed last 2019 with the same topic: 524 Error

Pasting the below error since I still cannot upload attachments:

Action Failed

www.appsheet.com | 524: A timeout occurred
<div id="cf-error-details" class="p-0">
    <header class="mx-auto pt-10 lg:pt-6 lg:px-8 w-240 lg:w-full mb-8">
        <h1 class="inline-block sm:block sm:mb-2 font-light text-60 lg:text-4xl text-black-dark leading-tight mr-2">

<span class="cf-error-type">Error</span>
          <span class="cf-error-code">524</span>
        </h1>
        <span class="inline-block sm:block font-mono text-15 lg:text-sm lg:leading-relaxed">Ray ID: 666d25332cd9f132 &bull;</span>
        <span class="inline-block sm:block font-mono text-15 lg:text-sm lg:leading-relaxed">2021-06-29 06:47:20 UTC</span>
        <h2 class="text-gray-600 leading-1.3 text-3xl font-light">A timeout occurred</h2>
    </header>

<div class="my-8 bg-gradient-gray">
        <div class="w-240 lg:w-full mx-auto">
            <div class="clearfix md:px-8">
You

Browser

Working
Stockholm

Cloudflare

Working
www.appsheet.com

Host

Error
            </div>

</div>
    </div>

<div class="w-240 lg:w-full mx-auto mb-8 lg:px-8">
        <div class="clearfix">
            <div class="w-1/2 md:w-full float-left pr-6 md:pb-10 md:pr-0 leading-relaxed">
                <h2 class="text-3xl font-normal leading-1.3 mb-4">What happened?</h2>
                <p>The origin web server timed out responding to this request.</p>
            </div>

<div class="w-1/2 md:w-full float-left leading-relaxed">
                <h2 class="text-3xl font-normal leading-1.3 mb-4">What can I do?</h2>
                      <h3 class="text-15 font-semibold mb-2">If you're a visitor of this website:</h3>
  <p class="mb-6">Please try again in a few minutes.</p>

<h3 class="text-15 font-semibold mb-2">If you're the owner of this website:</h3>
  <p><span>The connection to the origin web server was made, but the origin web server timed out before responding. The likely cause is an overloaded background task, database or application, stressing the resources on your web server. To resolve, please work with your hosting provider or web development team to free up resources for your database or overloaded application.</span> <a rel="noopener noreferrer" href="https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200171926-Error-524">Additional troubleshooting information here.</a></p>
            </div>
        </div>

</div>

<div class="cf-error-footer cf-wrapper w-240 lg:w-full py-10 sm:py-4 sm:px-8 mx-auto text-center sm:text-left border-solid border-0 border-t border-gray-300">

Cloudflare Ray ID: 666d25332cd9f132 โ€ข Your IP: 2001:4451:afd:cf00:2504:8235:b0ba:33ae โ€ข Performance & security by Cloudflare

</div>

Thanks for taking out time to respond.

I have cleared out and started loading again. I still encounter the error but the data seems to be uploading successfully.

Will document further and log a bug report if issue does not go away.

Top Labels in this Space