A certain column keeps disappearing-possible bug

Rod
Participant V

I have been experiencing a specific column that disappears randomly, its a ref with a valid if expression. I have to restore my app multiple times todayโ€ฆ?

0 5 378
5 REPLIES 5

Lynn
Participant V

Hi @Rod Could you please supply more info including screen shots of col definition and your valid if.

Hi Lynn,

I want the ref to show only the IDโ€™s that match the value in THISROW.
It works, then after Iโ€™ve been working in the app for awhile, I save and
the column disappears.

Here are the snapshots:

the ref

The valid if

the slice that it points to

2X_8_816cb15e7b29a2a661e9ea8c8e0bd2132c0ce508.png

2X_5_5edcd3c7d68f034d42c6ff5e55d2b98bf8de2230.png

Hi @Rod,

Thanks you for the details. I believe you may also wish mention what happens when the column disappears. Does is not appear in certain views? Or in the drop downs it does not show any options? You may also give some more details of the child table structure where this column is referenced.

Rod
Participant V

Thanks Suvrutt_Gurjar, I failed to look at the table to see if the column was removed, this could be a Google issue as well. When/if it occurs again Iโ€™ll be more of a detective.

Thanks again.

I do not see any clarification of WHERE, i.e. what views, you are seeing the column disappear.

Be aware that in Detail views, if the column is empty or becomes empty the default behavior is that it will not be shown. If you prefer it to always show even when empty, set the Show_If expression to โ€œtrueโ€.

Top Labels in this Space