A 'Jobs' reference table managed in an extern...

A ‘Jobs’ reference table managed in an external app., is imported into a sheet and set as a read-only table in AppSheet. We want the ability to browse jobs and drill down to view the Job data. A Slice, ‘Current Jobs’, was created.

A UX ‘Deck’ View browses Current Jobs.

The system editor throws a ‘Read Only’ Slice error when I try to save a UX ‘Form’ of the Slice.

A UX ‘Detail’ view does not display all the data fields we require. Is there an alternate approach?

0 8 359
8 REPLIES 8

If I understood your problem correctly, you are not seeing all fields on the detail view, correct? If that’s the case, you could open the detail view from the editor UX > Views > Your detail view and check if you have choosed all fields to show.

Another reason can be that the field is marked as Hidden. Unhide them and then you should see them.

One reason can be the formula in Show_If option and if your option UX > Options > Apply show-if constraints universally is ON, it can hide your field from detail view.

@Aleksi_Alkio Hi Aleksi. Read-Only table ‘Jobs’ has all required fields set to Visible (image1), namely: Name, Description, Primary Contact, Contact Phone, Site Address Slice ‘Current Jobs’ has all required fields listed. Deck View 'C.Jobs, position: ref, Displays only 2 fields: Name, Description. Details View ‘Job_Details’, position: ref,

lists: - Header Columns: Name - Sort By: Opportunity ID - Column Order: Description, Primary Contact, Contact Phone, Site Address. Displayed are: Name, Description. Missing are: Primary Contact, Contact Phone, Site Address

Would you please give the app name and account ID so I can check the reason quickly, if that’s okay for you.

I’m having a similar issue that I have one table and show that in a list view, then took a slice if [Date]=“MM/DD/YYYY”, which shows what I want in the test data sample. But I can’t get it to show that data in a table view. If I use the spreadsheet in the “In this table” it works, but if I select the slice in the drop down it doesn’t show any info.

As far as I can tell I checked everything you mentioned. Ideas on what I’m missing?

Do you want me to check from your app? If yes, please give the app name and account ID, thanks.

@Aleksi_Alkio Hi Aleksi, AppName: HH Mobile; Account ID: 77148 Thx Translate

For the #1 question about the “Read Only Slice Error”… You can’t create a form view for your slice because it’s Read_Only. You should set Adds_Only or Updates_Only or both ON.

For the #2 question… it’s working as it should be. You just don’t have values on those fields and then the app won’t show that field. If you search a record where those values are present, the slice will show them as normally.

@Aleksi_Alkio

Hi Aleksi, Yes I undestand that Details view Skips all empty fields,

rather than showing blank fields. With regard to form views displaying read-only datasets, that would be worthwhile, but I understand not as designed. Thx for your prompt responses and support. Best, Eric

Top Labels in this Space