A new record requires our app users to key in...

A new record requires our app users to key in customer details.

One of the details is customer address.

After the full address is keyed in, is there a way to extract the ‘town’ name from the full address so that the slice view only displays the town?

Note that the full address is displayed as user drills down to the details view of the customer.

Currently my work around is requiring the user to key in the full address and also key in the town name individually.

This requires extra work for the user and leaves room for the town name being spelled wrong.

0 7 328
7 REPLIES 7

If the town name is always the last one, you can split it if there is some unique sign before the name. If you can use for example comma before the name, you are able to read the name after the comma with expressions like RIGHT, FIND and LEN.

Currently the user starts to key in address in the ‘address field’ which then actual addresses to pick from in the United States auto populates.

The user selects from the similar addresses listed.

Then the user keys in the town in the separate ‘town field’.

Are you suggesting the user slips in the comma in the ‘address field’ or the ‘town field’?

The comma should be in the Address field if you want to split the town name from the full address.

@Aleksi_Alkio ok thanks.

Just keyed in a test address.

It auto populated with comma already placed before the town name.

So I should be able to display the town name only in my various views, correct?

Yes

@Aleksi_Alkio

So I need to create a virtual column that looks at the full address and then create app formula that pulls only the ‘town name’ from the full address using RIGHT, FIND, LEN, correct?

Yeap

Top Labels in this Space