Ability to allow a child record to be part of multiple parent records

bugs-issues-errors
references
(Marc Dillon) #1

RE: Multiple IsPartOf references in one record

Currently the editor does not allow two Ref columns in a table to have IsPartOf set to True. Currently this setting is the only way to show a blank list on the parent record where a user can add new child records. So Either separate that function from the IsPartOf selections, or allow multiple IsPartOf Refs.

What is the reason that this currently cannot be set for two Ref columns?

Multiple IsPartOf references in one record
(Aleksi Alkio) #2

I’m not sure what is your goal in here… do you want to have two ref fields for the same parent record?

(Reza Raoofi) #4

I believe the idea is to be able to have more than one child inline views in a parent form view.

(Ivan Melchor) #5

You can try adding the same table twice and setting the Ref on the new table. Data will be stored in the same table on the backend.

(Marc Dillon) #6

My specific goal is that I have two separate inventory systems (raw material & product), with two separate inventory adjustment parent tables (material usage & delivery, and product orders), each with child records that ref to an inventory item in the specific inventory table. In rare cases, and product order can include an item from the raw material inventory. My solution that seemed easiest was simply to add a ref column to the material system child records that can point to a product order. The only problem is as stated above.

@Ivan That is very intriguing , have you done this before? I’ll have to explore this.

1 Like
(Reza Raoofi) #7

Just so you know this would cause AppSheet to actually load that table’s back-end data twice and likely impacting the sync time depending on the table size.