About [_thisrow]

Flo1
Participant II

hello, i need some explainations about this formula :
concatenate("A: ", [_thisrow], " B : ", [_thisrow].[statut] , " C : ", [key] , "D : ", [statut] , " E : ", [key].[statut])

Result : A: apBFg1Mt B : C : apBFg1Mt D : Pending E :

I donโ€™t understand why there is nothing in B and E

EDIT : i change my formula, [etat] was a mistake, itโ€™s [statut]

Solved Solved
0 6 1,179
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

_THISROW is essentially an alias for whatever your key column is, so if key is your actual key column, [key] and [_THISROW] refer to the same thing. Likewise, if [key].[statut] is blank, so will be [_THISROW].[statut].

Thereโ€™s really no point in using either the key column or _THISROW when referring to the current row in most cases. Where _THISROW becomes essential is when using SELECT(), FILTER(), and other functions that work with sets of rows: it allows you to refer to the row the expression is being run from.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

MultiTech
Participant V

Stupid question, but can you confirm there is data in the statut column?

this part should have pulled in the value from the [statut] column, since I donโ€™t see anything it leads me to think thereโ€™s nothing there (data wise).

Just checking.

And for [key].[etat] - thatโ€™s not the proper syntax for pulling something from the same row; you donโ€™t need the dereference, only the column you want - remove the [key]. part.

yes, all my columns contains data

ok, i have nothing in [key].[statut] because if i dereference the current row it doesnt work.

is it the same reason for " B : ", [_thisrow].[statut] , ?

I donโ€™t understand the usefulness of [_thisrow]. if i use [key], is it exactly the same ?

I would like to refer a column only if it is already saved in the sheet not if it is in the current form.

for example, i need a change column that update the datetime only when a change occur on an saved row, not chen a row is add.
formula in column [changeDate] : ifs(isnotblank([_thisrow].[addDate]),now())
but isnotblank([_thisrow].[addDate]) always FALSE

i use : ifs(in([_thisrow], table[key]),now()) and that work but i seems to be heavy to access all the table with table[key]

_THISROW is essentially an alias for whatever your key column is, so if key is your actual key column, [key] and [_THISROW] refer to the same thing. Likewise, if [key].[statut] is blank, so will be [_THISROW].[statut].

Thereโ€™s really no point in using either the key column or _THISROW when referring to the current row in most cases. Where _THISROW becomes essential is when using SELECT(), FILTER(), and other functions that work with sets of rows: it allows you to refer to the row the expression is being run from.

Unfortunately, thatโ€™s essentially the only way to do what you want.

Steve
Participant V

I agree.

Iโ€™d still expect it to work. @Flo, does the etat column have a value?

Flo1
Participant II

thanks

Top Labels in this Space