Access control of certain Colomns to 2 or more users

I want to give edit access of only certain columns to 2 users and certain columns to the other 2 users…each don’t have edit access of the others colomns but can view them…I have 4 users for an app in my undeployed app…I want certain columns to be edited by only certain users…while others have view of the data

Solved Solved
0 2 243
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @DPM_reports,

Have you tried the Editable_if property in the column settings pane?

You could try an expression something like OR(USEREMAIL()= email1.com , USEREMAIL()= email2.com ) for columns where user 1 and user 2 need edit access and email1.com and email2.com are their respective login emails.

and OR(USEREMAIL()= email3.com , USEREMAIL()= email4.com ) for columns or columns where user 3 and user 4 need edit access and email3.com and email4.com are their respective login emails.

One thing to note is, if the table has add records option enabled in the app, then those users who need to add record should typically have edit access to all columns, if those columns need to be filled in by the users while adding a new record.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @DPM_reports,

Have you tried the Editable_if property in the column settings pane?

You could try an expression something like OR(USEREMAIL()= email1.com , USEREMAIL()= email2.com ) for columns where user 1 and user 2 need edit access and email1.com and email2.com are their respective login emails.

and OR(USEREMAIL()= email3.com , USEREMAIL()= email4.com ) for columns or columns where user 3 and user 4 need edit access and email3.com and email4.com are their respective login emails.

One thing to note is, if the table has add records option enabled in the app, then those users who need to add record should typically have edit access to all columns, if those columns need to be filled in by the users while adding a new record.

Hi @DPM_reports,

Please refer the following article, just in case you have not

Top Labels in this Space